SCOPE OF WORK:
The District Program Officer will provide leadership and overall management support to the Pakistan reading project at district level and ensure that project activities are completed as per required quality and work plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Develop and maintain strong coordination with key stakeholders in the district e.g. district administration, education department, School Management Committees (SMC) and other line departments for successful and sustainable implementation of projects initiatives.
· Manage in-service professional development activities in the district (that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities).
· Lead district team at district level in planning the academic activities and other initiatives and share with the PRP regional office and the department of education at the district level.
· Arrange quarterly coordination meeting with the department of education at the district level to share progress of the project and discuss implementation and administrative issues, and find possible solutions
· Support the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection of work plan activities and participate in various surveys conducted in the district
· Prepare and submit district level monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain updates to be shared with his/her supervisor and the provincial team on a regular or as and when required basis.
· Compile success stories from the field and undertake case studies to highlight impact of the project.
· Support the SSAs in providing the TLM, collecting and sending report to the regional office and to the department of education at district level.
· Conduct monitoring and follow up visit of schools to ensure implementation of the reading approaches and use of RLM at schools level, and provide feedback to the SSAs for course corrections
· Conduct TIG meetings in the selected schools, provide support to the focused schools to improve reading and closely work with communities and SMCs to engage them in establishing libraries or other initiatives to improve reading culture.
· Prepare monthly/quarterly /annually reports on community engagement activities and update cost share information on monthly basis and submit to the regional office
· Coordinate with the TTC/RQC for the programmatic matters and to the OPSCO for Operational matters.
· Ensure administrative and logistic support required to implement project activities in the district.
· Submit monthly reports like cash share, operational and finance reports by 2nd of each month.
· Develop and submit monthly cash projection against operational and program activities, support district based event management & Operations (as needed).
· Ensure maintaining and updating of financial and compliance records/matters.
· Ensure logistics, HR/Admin, IT and Security services are delivered at the district level as per operational policies and procedures.
· Ensure close coordination with the Provincial Coordinator and Provincial Operations officers in district level operational matters.
· Ensure compliance of operational activities at the district level.
· Participate in the recruitment of School Support Associates and other district staff as per HR recruitment policies and guidelines.
· Conduct performance appraisals of employees under direct supervision.
· Master degree in social sciences (a bachelor or master degree in education related discipline will be preferred) with at least 05 years of experience in managing a district level office of an INGO/LNGO preferably in education development projects.
· Other Preference areas include the following:
o Experience with PRP or any USAID funded project
o Experience of managing and supervising field based training programs in education or other professional development projects.
o Proficient in MS- Office (Computer skills)
o Can communicate in both (verbal and written) local language, Urdu and English.
· Managing and supervising field based training programs particularly for elementary/ primary teachers and other professional development activities.
· Ability to model best practices in mentoring district based team for successful program implementation.
· Ability to manage and adhere to strict timelines
· Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
· Strong information sharing and report writing skills.
· Strong people management and conflict resolution skills
· Local candidates from District Diamar will be preferred and highly encouraged to apply.
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...Read More