IT officer will be responsible for the development and installation of information systems, like IT infrastructure, application infrastructure, mailing systems, operation and related services in collaboration with the IT department, in order to ensure compatibility with existing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide technical documentation of all system architecture in use and in development, including network diagrams policies like, use of printers and other office appliances.
· Review internet connectivity and computer hardware to be compliant with WL minimum standards in a timely manner.
· Configure, deploy and maintain all network equipment for office; configure all intra-office network protocols in use.
· Ensure that all provincial and district offices backups are available on monthly basis.
· Ensure that all provincial office systems are connected with central server and using the share drives for data backups.
· Maintain user data and email backup mechanisms for ensuring redundancy of all vital operations data.
· Provide technical assistance for staff for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
· Log support requests and document their outcome to assist in the resolution of common queries.
· Maintain existing computer equipment to the agreed standards of WL global operations by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
· Coordinate HR for creation and suspension of new user accounts/e-mail, and with Admin department for allocation of IT-related assets.
· Create, manage and maintain hardware inventory database.
· Perform and maintain operating systems and office application suites on all user workstations. Ensure that security updates are properly being applied and that workstations remain up-to-date.
· Monitor workstation usage to ensure that users remain within the confines of the WL Acceptable Usage Policy.
· Ensure compliance with WL policy by all computer users.
· Ensure that all provincial staff remain in compliance with all WL Global and WL Pakistan Security Policies, IT Acceptable Usage Policy and Mandatory Reporting Policy as it pertains to IT.
· Assist in an IT capacity for any duties as requested.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
· Minimum 3 years work experience in the NGO sector within IT Department;
· Candidate must have Master’s degree in Computer Sciences.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Server 2008/2012;
· Proficient with Cisco Platform;
· Must demonstrate strong knowledge and comfort level with data and information security protocols;
· Demonstrated experience in Remote management and Administration;
· Excellent written and verbal English language skills;
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and travel as required to project field sites;
· Strong coordination and communication skills to ensure that project activities are implemented on time and with quality;
· Fluency in English, both verbal and written as well as fluency in Urdu is required. Knowledge of local languages preferred; and
· Willingness to travel.