Reporting to the Provincial Team Lead and working with the technical team, the Program Coordinator KPK and FATA will be the pivotal focal point in regard to implementation of the AGES activities across the selected districts in KPK and FATA. The position will support in planning and coordination with relevant government line departments for effective implementation of project activities. The Program Coordinator KPK and FATA will work with all key stakeholders for mainstreaming of the AGES interventions to ensure continuity and sustainability through scaling up AGES model interventions. The position will represent AGES at various provincial forums and will provide feedback to the Provincial Team Lead on strategies to maximize the impact of the program. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Coordinate and organize the implementation of all aspects of the AGES program under the guidance of the Provincial Team Lead and technical team;
- Represent the AGES program in all interactions with the departments/Ministries/Directorates/ district education offices and other educational institutions;
- Coordinate with technical and M&E team for monitoring of program activities and identifying opportunities for improving program implementation;
- Liaise with government line departments at the district level in carrying out AGES activities and programs;
- Manage the activities of the staff based in the field office(s);
- Ensure management and financial discipline in using project resources. Send timely requests for and reporting on the funds received from the AGES Islamabad office;
- Foster collaboration and teamwork within the office in all aspects of program development and implementation;
- Assist in developing scopes of work, providing guidance and facilitating logistical support to short term technical assistance;
- Provide timely and precise information from the field for monthly, quarterly, yearly or any other reports and documentation;
- Update the Provincial Team Lead about implementation of program activities especially Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), play based pedagogy, life skills program, employer relations strategy and community engagement efforts; and make recommendations for improvement or course correction;
- Support planning and organization of project events, launches, ceremonies etc. to highlight AGES program at district and provincial levels;
- Adhere to organizational policies and promote participatory culture and demonstrate organization’s values.
· Minimum Master’s degree or BS honors in Education / Social Sciences from a recognized institution
Work Experiences (Essential):
· At minimum five (5) years of similar work experience, preferably with USAID-funded projects;
· Experience of working in remote districts of KPK and FATA
· Experience and knowledge of donor requirements and government administration at local level.
- Proven experience of government and donor-funded education and training programs, particularly accelerated learning programs;
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage a demanding work load;
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks; and
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Fluency in both written and oral English, Urdu is essential and in Pashto is highly desirable;
- Highly proficient in computers and computer programs;
- Excellent understanding of communication equipment usage.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% in field or as required.