Summary of the responsibilities
The Program Manager will act as primary point of contact for WL-PRP regional technical/program managers for overall program coordination and support at project’s central level team. The Program Manager will assist Program Director in tracking and implementation of agreed partnership approaches with foundation partners and will ensure timely backstopping support is available to the team charged with implementation and monitoring of PRP work plan activities in the field. The Program Manager will also closely work with WL finance team for budget tracking and will adopt swift feedback approaches for timely actions. The position will closely coordinate with World Learning field offices and PRP/World Learning central team to ensure timely support, guidance, and technical advice is available to the foundation partners.
· Provide program management and coordination support to Director of Program
· Coordinate with WL PRP regional technical program teams for smooth implementation of activities as per agreed work plans and performance milestones;
· Oversee the overall programme implementation in the assigned areas by Program Director;
· Ensure collaboration with relevant counterparts in PRP consortium
· Coordinate with program and M&E team at regional and central office for ensuring timely availability of data including foundation partners for online PRP M&E system and inform the concerned teams as required;
· Ensure knowledge generation and dissemination through documenting results, success stories and lessons learned and sharing them through World Learning or project defined medium;
· Provides technical and quality assurance assistance and support to the WL PRP regional teams for delivering an impactful program;
· Promote evidence based dialogue, advocate and influence foundation partners for adaptation and scale up of intervention initiated under Pakistan Reading Project;
· Support foundation partners efforts to explore opportunity to provide leverage to the intervention initiated under Pakistan Reading Project;
· Review and prepare terms of reference and work assignments for consultants and partners, to be involved creating synergy and sustainability of project interventions;
· Develop work plans, reports, presentations and background papers based on the analysis of information and data available on programme implementation in the target areas;
· Represent World Learning and Pakistan Reading Project in meetings, workshops and seminars and take recommended follow-up actions;
· Ensure that interventions initiated in collaboration with partners have been contributing towards World Learning/ Pakistan Reading Project.
· Ensure timely review and submission of periodic report, activities briefs, updates highlighting key achievement.
· Liaison, guide track and make available cost share/ cost contribution documentation committed by the foundation partners and track the budget in line with work plan milestones;
· Manage/ execute any other related activity as assigned.
Advance degree in Education or Social Science, or relevant field from a recognized national or international university.
Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in program planning, and management, coordination and M&E preferably with experience from educational programming, partnership management and Advocacy. Of those, minimum three year work experience at managerial level position. Prior experience working with USAID, UKaid and EU funded project in education sector will an added advantage.
· Deep understanding of organizational and management structure of private and government actors in education sector;
· Competent budget analysis and reporting skills;
· Flexibility and ability to work well in a fast paced, creative environment;
· Strong analytic, strategic thinking, planning and communication skills;
· Highest standard of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
· Entrepreneurial, with a proven record of building new programs or initiatives;
· Exemplary diplomatic, networking, management, and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, communities, government stakeholders, and partners;
· Strong commitment to improving education sector in Pakistan
· Excellent computer skills in MS office – especially MS. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook;
· Excellent oral and Written communication skill in English
· Willingness to travel to project locations