WL ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
World Learning is a non-profit organization advancing leadership in more than 60 countries. For 82 years, we have envisioned a just world driven by engaged citizens and thriving communities. To achieve this goal, we provide education, exchange, and development programs that empower people and strengthen institutions.
World Learning has been working in Pakistan since 2013 and is currently implementing multiple programs focusing on activities in early grades reading, professional development, and IT-related workforce development across various regions of the country.
Advancing Girls Education & Skills (AGES) USAID-funded program will be operating in four provinces (Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) of Pakistan. The four-year program works to improve access to formal and informal education, engage communities to support expanded educational and employment opportunities, and collaborate with the Pakistani government to strengthen policies which support girls and young women.
The Programme Manager provincial will manage the AGES operations, team and program activities at the provincial level and report directly to the Chief of Party. The position requires a balance of (ideally) technical expertise in vocational training and/or middle and high school education (or non-formal education), and management acumen in working with a diverse set of government stakeholders, community members, partners, and contractors. Willingness to travel extensively to field sites to listen to feedback and observe activities underway is required. In addition, this position requires an ability to make thoughtful decisions, and mold and adapt challenges into opportunities for innovation. Specifically, this position will:
• Work closely across technical and operations components of the project provincial team and directly with the COP to assure the quality of the technical interventions in various AGES districts in the respective province
• Coordinate closely with AGES Technical Manager for the operationalization of AGES technical models and advocacy strategies ensuring robust implementation at the provincial/district levels, customizing these as appropriate and required for success and responsiveness in the respective province/district
• Maintain and enhance operational partnerships with government, implementing partners, corporate sector sponsors, and other external stakeholders in the respective province
• Manage, mentor, and coach the provincial AGES team members in implementing the work plan, meeting financial and results targets, ensuring compliance, and overall high-quality of implementation.
• Ensure that monitoring systems are appropriately supporting program functions, that flow of information and data from the district level field formation is smooth and updated
• Proactively identify challenges and pre-empt them using strong communication, collaboration and coordination amongst various consortium partners and stakeholders across the province.
• Familiarity with budget tracking, work plan tracking implementation and forecasting is necessary.
• Work closely with Security Director to ensure compliance with all MOI regulations and clearances at the district and provincial levels as required.
• Work closely with the national communications team to provide relevant and high quality information, and evidence to be incorporated in all communications contents
• Coordinate, review, edit and finalize the submission of project progress reports from the respective province
• Ensure smooth operations for various research studies and surveys in the field• Mentor and support junior staff
• Represent AGES to government counterparts, policy forums, development organizations as and when advised by the Chief of Party
• Graduate degree in International Development/Policy, Education, Gender Studies, Economics, or Geography preferred.
• Fulbright or international scholarship recipients are highly encouraged to apply.
• At least 5 years of international development/technical program experience, leading program implementation and support services, ideally in a progressively senior role
• Previous experience working on USAID or UKAID funded programs highly preferred
• Previous experience working in diverse partner consortium setting highly preferred
• Previous experience working in multi-inputs and multi-sectoral programs/projects preferred
• Previous experience of managing diverse functional and organizational teams highly preferred
• Demonstrated analytical, diplomatic, management, and interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with national counterparts, provincial government officials, and other stakeholders
• Experience with capacity-building, training, professional development and/or participatory, adaptive, gender-sensitive programming and implementation required
Language and Computer Skills:
• Must have a high degree of proficiency in MS Office programs
• Demonstrable proficiency in/interest in at least two other computer programs (i.e., Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Audacity, Ocean Audio), and proficiency with various social media platforms highly desired.
• Creative skills with photography or videography highly desired
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu is required (including the ability to type in Urdu). Additional regional languages (Sindhi, Pashto, and Punjabi) are preferred.
Travel:• Willingness and ability to travel to difficult field locations (50%)
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...Read More