School Support Associate will be responsible for facilitation and support of In- Service Professionals and teachers in learning and implementing skills to enhance reading at school level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Facilitate in-service professional development activities in the UC/Tehsil/District that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities.
· Manage Teachers Inquiry Groups (TIGs) Monthly/ Quarterly meetings in assigned field areas, as scheduled.
· Support teachers in implementing newly learned concepts and skills through regular follow-up visits to schools.
· Distribute Reading Learning Materials (RLM) to schools and to the concern stakeholders and keep proper record in both hard and soft form.
· Ensure effective implementation of PRP provided Reading Learning Materials as per Daily Reading Lesson Plan guidelines and instructions
· Ensure quality implementation of project activities, share feedback and programmatic challenges with DPO and RQM/RQC for guideline and technical support.
· Work in close collaboration with teachers, head teachers and concerned education officer(s) in preparing and implementing school/ union council/ tehsil based reading improvement plans and strategies
· Assist District Program Officer in managing administrative and logistic issue for a smooth implementation of program activities in the district.
· Assist District Program Officer in developing monthly cash projection against program activities, disbursement of project beneficiary allowances, district based procurement (as and where needed) and maintaining update financial and compliance records/matters.
· Assist District Program Officer in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports by providing updated and accurate information from field. In addition, collect and share success stories from the field to highlight impact of the program.
· Prepare/partake in detailed weekly/monthly plans including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
· Ensure proper record keeping of the TIG meetings, follow-up visit, and teacher observation tools and reporting those to the district office accordingly.
· Update all data on M&E- IS/provide data to Regional/Provincial office before reporting for MPRs and QPRs.
· Guide mentors and ensure that their visits are contributing in coaching support of teachers.
· Motivate and guide Teachers to ensure that Students Reading assessment is being done as suggested by Team.
· Support teachers in maintaining portfolios with up to the mark quality
· Conduct Students progress assessment and timely share assessment data/ finding with Dist. Office.
· Integration of PRP introduced Reading Improvement strategies and Reading Learning material in Urdu text books of grade 1 and 2.
· Share program reflection of Respective field area through Beneficiaries quotes, Success stories and cased studies and pictures etc.
· Mobilize local communities, philanthropist, parents and local organization (COs, CBOs, SMCs etc.…) to establish productive linkages between schools and community for reading support initiatives/ activities.
· Plan and conduct reading awareness raising sessions for parents/ story telling events for children
· Liaison with the respective communities to identify and dedicate a shared community spaces for housing the library/ enrich library resources (age appropriate books and Library Book shelves and others)
· Assist DPM in Conduction of Quarterly Review meetings and provide field reflections for sharing with Dist. Education management.
· Collect enrolment data from Schools right after the initiation of Academic years.
· Coaching Support Visits of RF Schools when needed and share feedback with DPO and ETOs etc.
· Assist the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection tasks.
· Provide updated contents, and first level support to tablet users about tablet and multimedia contents.
· B. Ed (Hons.) or Associate Degree in Education (ADE) with at least one year of relevant teaching experience at primary/elementary school level
· Masters in Social Sciences in relevant discipline with at least 3 years of teaching experience at primary /elementary school level.
· Preference will be given to the following
ü Experience as teacher trainer;
ü Proficiency in MS- office (Computer skills);
ü Candidates from Local area/district;
ü Social mobilization experience with education projects or schools;
ü Working knowledge on Android tablets and smart phones.
· Ability to facilitate teacher professional development activities and model best practices in teaching.
· Good interpersonal and coordination/communication skills, both verbal and written in Urdu and English.
· Good information sharing and report writing skills.
· Willingness to work in and travel (at least 75%) to remote areas and in a diverse environment.
· Flexible, motivated, team player and fast to learn.
· Fluent in Urdu and dominant local language (s).
· Local candidates from District Diamar will be preferred and highly encouraged to apply
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...Read More