The Advancing Girls Education and Skills (AGES) project, funded by USAID and implemented by World Learning and a consortium of partners, is designed to improve the constellation of supports for adolescent girls so that they can thrive at home, at school, and at work. To this end, AGES works with communities, families, governments, employers, and young women themselves from across Pakistan to advance interventions that improve young women’s participation in education, economic empowerment, and community mobilization.
Province District KPK Peshawar Buner Swat Sindh Karachi Jacobabad Ghotki Punjab Muzaffargarh Balochistan Lasbela
Across eight districts in the provinces of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Sindh. AGES will support the following:
• Access to and completion of formal and non-formal education opportunities;
• Access to and completion of relevant quality Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs, as well as support with job seeking;
• Community and parental engagement; and,
• Advocacy at various government levels for better education and work opportunities for adolescent girls.
World Learning and its partners believe that to promote meaningful change in the access to quality education and employment for adolescents and young women we need to support a complete ecosystem, which involves girls, parents, teachers, community members, and government.
World Learning is recruiting a short-term consultant to develop AGES online database and dashboard. This database will function as central repository of project data for ongoing monitoring, evaluation, learning, informed decision making and generating aggregate data for reporting to DevResults and donor portals. The online database will be accessible to all relevant project staff in national, provincial and district offices. The consultant will closely work with M&E team to understand the requirements and undertake the physical development of database in close coordination with M&E team. the consultant shall sign a non-disclosure agreement and maintain strict confidentiality on any information accessed from the online database or provided by M&E Specialist. This condition shall apply even after the end of the contract. The consultant will report to World Learning’s M&E Specialist.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will closely work with M&E team to understand the technical requirements, existing datasets, workflow, end users, access levels and available technology infrastructure to manage the online the database and related operations. M&E Specialist will help the consultant to produce conceptual data model reflecting the input of performance data, relational schema of database, data quality checks, and the retrieval, aggregation and visualization of information on dashboard. Within the scope of M&E database conceptual model, the consultant will be responsible for physical development, testing and implementation of following integrated modules; User Management Module – to register users of database, approve and assign access levels and manage audit trails or log of user actions across the database. Participant Training Programs Module – to manage participants and attendance data for the trainings, refreshers, workshops, orientation session and other capacity building events. TVET Program Module – to manage performance data for TVET programs, including trainee profiles, training details from inception to graduation and post-graduation follow-ups. Accelerated Learning Program Module – to manage performance data for ALP centers, ALP academic calendars, student enrollment, dropout, completion, graduation and transition details. Dashboard and Self-Service Reporting Module – to provide aggregated data summaries, and graph based on available performance datasets in relational database. The dashboard interface will allow user to generate reports, visualize and summarize data based on drill-down or roll-up features and multi-dimensional filters such as time, geographic, gender etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB ROLES 1. Review requirement analysis documents, data instruments, and consult M&E specialist to understand the conceptual model and chalk-out physical development plan for each milestone.
2. Develop relational tables for each dataset in compliance with M&E data collection tools and ensure appropriate referencing and dependency checks.
3. Prepare ER diagram, and present database schema for approval and improvements.
4. Develop browser-based forms/screens for end users to perform CRUD and search operations in compliance with established workflow and specifications provided by M&E team. The GUI should be user friendly, responsive and concise.
5. Embed data quality controls including on-screen validation checks, duplication prevention, confidentiality layers, and other alerts to inform users of database on day to day operations and ongoing data submission.
6. Conduct business analyses in consultation with M&E specialist, write queries for extracting meaningful and relevant data from the back-end data.
7. Develop central dashboard to analyze, visualize and summarize aggregated data for information decision making, reporting and presentations.
8. Develop security and backup features to safe guard the system from unauthorized access, intrusion and other cyber vulnerabilities.
9. Testing, deploy and launch final database
10. Prepare technical documentation and end user guide.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
1 Presentation on conceptual model of database 1 week
2 Physical database relational structures in MySQL and ER diagram 1 week
3 Physical development and pre-test run of database fronts for all four modules with complete CRUD operations 4 weeks
4 Physical development and pre-test run of dashboard 4 weeks
5. Deployment and roll out of database 1 week
6. Post implementation technical support and training 1 week
This assignment is expected to complete within 3 months after signing the contract.
Both firm and individual consultants can apply.
Essential • Masters or Four Years BS degree in IT/CS/Information Management or related field
• At least 6-year experience in web-based database development using MySQL/PHP
• Expert level programing skills in PHP, MySQL database management and front-end coding using HTML, CSS, JS/AJAX/ jQuery and Bootstrap etc.
• Excellent knowledge of dashboard, visualization of data, business intelligence.
• Familiar with agile development or modular development approach.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, positive attitude, team player and able to work on rapid pace
• Previous experience in developing Database/Information System for NGOs/INGOs is an advantage
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of Education Programs, Skill Development Programs will be preferred.
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...Read More