· Creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, etc.
· Creating concept art and storyboards which help communicate the proposed visual elements during pre-production
Is this role right for me?
To do this role, you will need to:
· Have an art portfolio demonstrating a range of work and originality of style
· Be able to draw from life
· Be able to convey facial expressions and emotions
· Have a flair for colour, composition, perspective, modelling and texturing techniques, lighting and mood
· Be able to work as part of a team and independently
· Be imaginative and creative
· Pay close attention to detail and have strong powers of observation
· Have good communication skills
· Be able to work to a style guide
What will I have to do as Games Artist?
· As Game Artists you will be creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, props, and even user interface components.
· You will also create concept art which help communicate the proposed visual elements during the pre-production phase.
Will I need a qualification?
· To be able to apply as Game Artists you will be needing to have a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. BFA or Diploma in an art subject, such as fine art, graphic design or illustration.
· You should also know how to use 2D packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator etc.
We are a startup and working on mobile applications and games. We currently target Android and IOS and we are striving to grow by leaps and bounds.