Terms of Reference
Environmental Officer (at Sites)
Reports to : Site-Coordinator
Project / Program : ILES-Freshwater
Grade : Long Term
Location : Lahore, Head Office
Work Week : 05 Days/week
Work Hours : 0830 Hrs to 1515 Hrs
WWF-Pakistan is working actively in the water security and stewardship in Pakistan and has started some projects with different donors. WWF-Pakistan, through the implementation of Environmental Standards in a project funded by ILO will continue to strengthen the implementation, monitoring, capacity building and supporting the policy work while supporting dissemination of information and awareness on these matters among stakeholders. This project aims at supporting compliance with international labour and environmental standards. The objective is to support the economic integration of Pakistan into the global and regional economy by increasing exports through improved compliance with labour and environmental standards and to support the enforcement, implementation and compliance with the International Labour and Environmental Standards by public and private sector in Pakistan. The Environmental officer will be working very close with the project team and will be reporting to the site coordinator in it’s region. He/she will be responsible for the overall activities of the project and will ensure the execution of the activities of project in time.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Set up an appropriate data management system to support industrial liaison
· Identify and maintain regular communication and relationship with industrial representatives, trade associations and chambers of commerce (any stakeholder that would support the program)
· The Environmental Officer is responsible for participating in the formulation of Smart Environmental Management Practices (SEMPs) for better water and energy stewardship and pollution mitigation.
· Will be gathering data of SMEs and supervising the environmental audits of the selected SMEs.
· Assist in development of a business case for SEMPs, training materials and other publications as directed.
· Maintain record of all project activities that would contribute towards highlighting the outcomes and the visibility of the project.
· Submission and compilation of results and outcomes of activities in the form of reports, assessments, feedback forms or evaluation reports.
· Any task assigned by the Site Coordinator
· Develop communication strategies and plans to promote and highlight project activities and ensure visibility.
· Providing the data/inputs in the studies, Environmental audits, policy briefs, recommendations
· Will be responsible for the selection of SMEs for environmental audits and follow up surveys to ensure the compliance of SEMPs and MEAs.
· Assisting in developing an integrated framework of MEAs and local environmental laws/regulations for industries.
· Gathering and managing the data of each site regarding to industrial clusters, SMEs information, Env. Audits data
· Will be responsible for providing the data for the integrated framework of MEAs and environmental standards, different studies and supply chain mapping
· Will be organizing the training workshops/awareness seminars at the site with the direction of head office.
· Will ensure the mainstreaming of project management and execution
· Will be reporting to Site Coordinator
· Will be responsible for organizing the city-wide partnerships sessions, studies and researches in the project of that specific area.
· Supervising the training workshops and presenting the concept of the project in different meetings.
· Facilitating the activities of AWS standards implementation within the SMEs of that particular site.
· Will be responsible for arranging the tours of the donor and entertaining the queries on the project activities.
· Attend and represent the project and WWF-Pakistan’s work in the designated city and several forums.
· Carry out any other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisor relevant to the project.
Masters/Bachelors in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
Other Skills and Activities
WWF is a global environmental conservation organization that aims to conserve nature and ecological processes by preserving genetic, species and ecosystem diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable both now and in the longer term and promoting action to reduce pol ...Read More