Terms of Reference
Environmental Officer (at head office)
Reports to : Coordinator Compliance and Env. standards
Project / Program : ILES-Freshwater
Grade : Long Term (C-3)
Location : Lahore, Head Office
Work Week : 05 Days/week
Work Hours : 0830 Hrs to 1515 Hrs
WWF-Pakistan is working actively in the water security and stewardship in Pakistan and has started some projects with different donors. WWF-Pakistan, through the implementation of Environmental Standards in a project funded by ILO will continue to strengthen the implementation, monitoring, capacity building and supporting the policy work while supporting dissemination of information and awareness on these matters among stakeholders. This project aims at supporting compliance with international labour and environmental standards. The objective is to support the economic integration of Pakistan into the global and regional economy by increasing exports through improved compliance with labour and environmental standards and to support the enforcement, implementation and compliance with the International Labour and Environmental Standards by public and private sector in Pakistan. The Environmental officer will be working very close with the project team and will be reporting to the project coordinator at head office. He/she will be responsible for the overall activities of the project and will ensure the execution of the activities of project in time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Following are the roles and responsibilities of Environmental Officer ;
· Reporting to Project coordinator for the implementation of ILES activities as well as for the implementation of the AWS standards in SMEs, corporate and MNCs..
· Assist, implement, monitor and coordinate all activities related to the Alliance for Water Stewardship work in different projects (ILES, AWS implementation in Corporate).
· Gather data and compile all records and reports for information use and presentation to the donor and to highlight the project.
· Will conduct all necessary field surveys, proforma fillings, site examinations and necessary evaluations within industries
· Strengthen linkages within organizations involved for the implementation of the action plan and engage all stakeholders as necessary for the smooth execution of the proposed work plans.
· Regularly report and ensure the completion of the work within the proposed framework of time.
· Coordinate with the Manager of the project and work in close liaison with all relevant teams, hence leading to the complete execution of the project.
· Set up an appropriate data management system to support industrial liaison at headoffice.
· Identify and maintain regular communication and relationship with industrial representatives, trade associations and chambers of commerce (any stakeholder that would support the program)
· The Environmental Officer is responsible for participating in the formulation of Smart Environmental Management Practices (SEMPs) for better water and energy stewardship and pollution mitigation.
· Will be gathering data of SMEs and supervising the environmental audits of the selected SMEs.
· Assist in development of a business case for SEMPs, training materials and other publications as directed.
· Maintain record of all project activities that would contribute towards highlighting the outcomes and the visibility of the project.
· Submission and compilation of results and outcomes of activities in the form of reports, assessments, feedback forms or evaluation reports.
· Any task assigned by the Site Coordinator
· Develop communication strategies and plans to promote and highlight project activities and ensure visibility.
· Providing the data/inputs in the studies, Environmental audits, policy briefs, recommendations
· Will be responsible for the selection of SMEs for environmental audits and follow up surveys to ensure the compliance of SEMPs and MEAs.
· Assisting in developing an integrated framework of MEAs and local environmental laws/regulations for industries.
· Gathering and managing the data of each site regarding to industrial clusters, SMEs information, Env. Audits data
· Will be responsible for providing the data for the integrated framework of MEAs and environmental standards, different studies and supply chain mapping
· Will be organizing the training workshops/awareness seminars at the site with the direction of head office.
· Will ensure the mainstreaming of project management and execution
· Will be responsible for organizing the city-wide partnerships sessions, studies and researches in the project of that specific area.
· Supervising the training workshops and presenting the concept of the project in different meetings.
· Facilitating the activities of AWS standards implementation within the SMEs of that particular site.
· Will be responsible for arranging the tours of the donor and entertaining the queries on the project activities.
· Attend and represent the project and WWF-Pakistan’s work in the designated city and several forums.
· Carry out any other tasks assigned by Manager Capacity Building and top management.
Masters/Bachelors in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
Fresh graduate/1-2 years of experience in the relevant field
Other Skills and Activities
WWF is a global environmental conservation organization that aims to conserve nature and ecological processes by preserving genetic, species and ecosystem diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable both now and in the longer term and promoting action to reduce pol ...Read More