Xtecsoft, a leader in cloud-based technology, is currently seeking an 2D Character Animator. The person in this role will focus on puppet driven character animation, puppet rigging, as well as motion graphics and video editing, and help shape the overall creative vision of our products, and work with our team throughout the production process.
- Produce top-notch, premium, killer (can you think of other synonyms for “excellent”?) video content.
- Collaborate with the creative leads and other team members to create interesting, engaging characters, metaphors, and other cool, story-type stuff.
- Meet with clients, internal and external, to understand needs and share ideas.
- Work with the team throughout production to make sure the end product is the best it can be.
- Respond to user feedback, analytical data, and client feedback to improve the creative work in future iterations.
- Learn from your team, and help teach them as well.
- Consistently reflect our core values of higher standards, greater accountability, and more fun to bswift associates, clients, and partners.
(NOTE: While we don’t aim for it, sometimes night and weekend work comes up.) Qualifications
- A focus on character animation and puppet driven character animation
- Character rigging experience and illustration skills a huge bonus
- A solid sense of timing and spacing
- Tech-friendly (You’ll need to be able to use After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop)
- Killer communication skills (That’s key for working as a group.)
- Ability to operate and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced atmosphere
- Driven to take ownership of your work and bring it across the finish line
- Can take and give criticism like a champ
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to pivot as priorities change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent