As a Lead UI/UX Engineer at Xtecsoft, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of mobile and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working on design, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HTML5/CSS3, to turn static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages and hybrid mobile applications. You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Most of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf or bespoke CMS, so you’ll work closely with the designers to integrate designs seamlessly into the chosen technology.
As a UI/UX engineer you’ll also be responsible for:
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Head of Development or Technical Director.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
- Can speak good English (huge plus)
- Can design logos, mobile applications and web applications mockups/screens.
- Has a vested interest and preferably past experience with social media and video designing.
- Coding valid HTML5 and CSS3 mark-up
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages(Working with visual studio is huge plus)
- Excitement about emerging web technologies
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Experience building sites to at least an AA standard.
- Some experience in AJAX techniques
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable