Bayut and Zameen.com are the leading real estate portals in Pakistan & UAE and are used by millions of users across the region to buy, rent and sell residential and commercial properties. The Content Management Office is responsible to produce all the content which includes but is not limited to different kinds of guides and blogs etc. for its cross cultural, multi ethnic end-users.
The CMO is seeking an experienced Head of Content to lead its talented team of editors, writers and organic search and social specialist. In guidance of Director MARCOM, the highly visible role will partner with performance marketing, brand and digital marketing teams to execute a content strategy that drives acquisitions and engagement across the customer journey.
The role requires a proven leader with expertise in defining content strategy and roadmap for organic marketing to drive customer engagement. A successful candidate should have superb leadership, analytical, people’s management and communications skills to be able to work with a wide range of team members from individual contributors to senior executives.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to identify, create and deliver compelling content across both portals that is data-driven and adds value for end users.
- Develop programs and monitor trends, issues, and topics that matter to bayut and Zameen.com around the region.
- Work with SEO and performance marketing teams to optimize bayut and Zameen website performance to maximize SEO exposure.
- Stay up to date on best practices in organic content marketing, including SEO, social media, and other channels
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation packages, etc. required.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the go.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.