- Develop plugins and applications to extend our eCommerce solutions within a WordPress Multi site environment.
- Scope, requirements gathering in improving, extending, and improving how users submit event and speaker data to our platform.
- WordPress API solutions in improving the way our 3rd party partners pull and push data from our vast database.
- Specific Qualifications and Skills Required.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP back-end development.
- Experience with MySQL and writing SQL queries.
- Experience developing plugins and building themes for WordPress Multisite.
- Setting up e-commerce applications such as WooCommerce.
- Contributing to project scope conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers.
- Assisting with development of large PHP-based projects, as needed.
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings.
- Contributing to best practices, recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver exceptional finished products.
- Development of WordPress websites.
- Development of HTML websites utilizing responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Integrating feeds from social networks.
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality by writing custom functions and/or plugins.