- Carrying out the audit plan as designed by Internal Audit Manager.
- Deciding how best to schedule audits/projects, allocate audit resources, and improve audit processes/procedures.
- Overseeing the work performed by subordinate and/or peers and resolving issues that fall outside of normal procedures.
- Developing audit engagement scope, completing field-work, preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Performing complex analysis and resolving difficult issues requiring a high degree of quality and precision.
- Deciding how best to respond customers, train subordinates, and monitor output to deliver increasing quality and pace over time
- Foreseeing developing issues and taking actions to minimize negative impacts or maximize benefits. · Communicating audit results and observations to SACU management and the Supervisory Committee. Providing functional advice and training to Internal Audit staff and mentors less experienced and new team members.
- Working independently, receiving little instruction on day-to-day work, with general guidance on assignments.
- Developing ways to improve processes, products and/or service to internal and external customers. When problems are encountered, the Internal Audit Assistant Manager will determine if alternate procedures can be completed or seek guidance from manager. The Internal Audit Assistant Manager’s work also requires the analysis of data issues, recommending solutions, and performing data mining and extracts that meet the need of internal and external requestor.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Broad working knowledge of accounting theory and practice, financial institution laws and regulations and best practices.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and sound knowledge of business practices, risks, and business process improvements.
- Strong understanding of Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards.
- Management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in productivity, planning, and workload management. Þ Possess a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines.
- Investigative Skills
- Effective relationship and negotiation skills and in working will all levels of management.
- Ability to recognize sensitive issues for timely communication and/or escalation.
- Ability to exercise sound discretion and judgment.
- Ability to share information appropriately with awareness of its effect on others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other utility applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat); ACL/IDEA a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of audit experience, financial institution experience desirable.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Certification as a CPA or CIA strongly preferred (or actively working towards earning a designation)
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN BIG 4 FIRMS
Office Defence Phase 5 Khadda Market
Job Timings 7:00 PM (Evening) TO 4:00 AM (Morning)
NIGHT SHIFT JOB