The job generally requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- Develop and research ideas for original movie screenplays.
- Create an initial framework, or treatment, for screenplays.
- Write or adapt a story into a script.
- Meet with film executives to pitch screenplays and ideas.
- Weave together visual elements in scenes with plot and dialogue.
- Work with producers and directors to edit and adjust the script as needed.
- Screenwriters may come up with original material, write a script based on actual events, or adapt an existing work (such as a book, play, or film).
- For an adaptation, the screenwriter rewrites and rework existing material with legal permission.
- For scripts based on actual events, a screenwriter must research before writing
Skills & Competencies
To be successful in this role, we need the following skills and abilities from you
- Writing skills: A strong command of the English and Urdu language and the ability to write a compelling story is a must for this job.
- Observational skills: Many screenwriters base characters, plot lines, and much of the dialogue of a script on real events, places, and people they've observed in real life.
- Creativity: You must be able to come up with new ideas and also envision what a film might be like before it's made.