To provide 1st & 2nd line (helpdesk) technical support to all users, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or onsite.
· To provide technical support; answering support queries via phone, email or using remote tools.
· To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
· To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
· To log and categorise all calls on the helpdesk system and maintain full documentation
· Assign and distribute helpdesk tickets to relevant IT members of staff when appropriate.
· Update and maintain hardware asset register, ensuring accuracy of records
· Process joiners, movers & leavers in accordance with IT procedure
· Involvement in software and patch deployment projects with regards to testing, troubleshooting end-user issues and manual installation when required
· Maintain and update Active Directory users, computers and group accounts in accordance with IT procedure
· Setup and administrate PRTG monitoring tools to help with pro-active support of users and devices
· Monitor and troubleshoot when required the backup and restore of company data
· To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
Skills / Attributes Required