Role and Responsibilities:
Good market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The Cashier is an integral part of the Good market experience. As a Cashier you work on the sales floor to proactively engage customers and create opportunities to upsell and cross sell Good market products. The following are role and responsibilities of the Cashier position:
- Greet, assist, and engage customers in a friendly manner on the checkout line.
- Ring up and complete transactions efficiently and accurately.)
- Make change, process credit and debit cards accurately maintaining a cash drawer Keeps drawer secure and prohibits other to ring in and complete transactions.
- Help to maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Quickly and efficiently bag customers’ groceries at a rate that meets store requirements.
- Attend to customer inquiries in regards to price differentials and very prices of products again the shelf price of the item; communicate any pricing discrepancy to the Front End Manager
- Maintain parking lot conditions and collect shopping carts from the parking lot
- Assist in replenishing register supplies such as bags, register tape, etc.
- Operate relevant equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Good market brand
- Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safety and sanitation techniques provided by Good market work rules and policies and Health Department Regulations.
- Replenish department supplies frequently to ensure efficiency of workflow and employee job tasks
- Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Good market core values of integrity, respect and excellence
- Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis
Skills and Qualifications: Candidates who apply for the Cashier Clerk position must possess the following skills:
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to interact with other people and participate actively in department and staff meetings.
- Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications
- Organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities.
- Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different transactions.
- Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the businessFemale Required