Zeta technology is looking for a talented and passionate Software Support Engineer on our technology team. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated individual with excellent technical and problem-solving skills, strong communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team. The candidate will work on customer issues and service requests related to our web based applications and data.
The successful candidate will have experience supporting a web based application built with Python, Asp.Net and open source technologies with the ability to understand complex data models.
• Analyze and solve problems, this includes external and internal facing user interfaces.
• Design, code and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner. Perform unit, system and acceptance testing to deliver high quality code.
• Work within an Agile Scrum software development methodology to design and implement product improvements
• Write/edit database scripts
• Work with an offshore software development team which will require meetings that can occur early morning or in the evening.
• Develop Python/Asp.Net code that is maintainable and follows an object oriented programming approach.
• Provide data analysis support to ensure functioning databases as well as resolving online application data issues.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills and should be able to troubleshoot issues and read and write programs in Asp.Net or Php.
• Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to work collaboratively on a distributed team and with outside (offshore and partner) development teams
• Participates willingly toward accomplishing group goals.
• Consistently delivers on agreed goals and tasks and can be relied upon to meet or exceed expectations.
• Identifies all steps necessary to achieve results and consistently follows these steps.
• Brings ideas for service delivery improvements to the attention of others and pursues these ideas through to resolution or completion
• Sources and listens to all points of view and respects differing opinions when developing solutions
• The ideal candidate must have BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent degree.
• Experience programming with Asp.Net webAPI and Python
• Object oriented analysis and design
• Asp.Net and Python
• Strong experience and understanding of relational database models and ability to query data using complex and efficient SQL.
• Experience with design, implementation and customization of new and existing database scripts, reports and other job automation.
• A thorough understanding of Web Applications in Open Source environment
• Prior development experience with Python or Asp.Net Web applications utilizing Oracle/Postgres databases desired
• Self-driven learner with exceptional problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Java Servlets, Portlets, Hibernate
• Working with open source tools and Python/Asp.Net frameworks
• Customer service and/or application support preferred