The Human Resource Generalist shall manage day-to-day operations of the Human Resource Department. The HR Generalist will manage administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
· Departmental Development
· Human Resource Information Systems
· Employee Relations, Training and Development
· Employee benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
Work involves considerable employee and public contact in explaining a wide-variety of human resource related policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES ORGANIZATION IS LOOKING FROM HR GENERALIST
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Develop and Participate in the development of policy and documentation.
- Development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the Employees with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in developing goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meeting and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
Human Resource Information Systems
- Manages the coordination of development and maintenance of the Human Resource Information System and social sites, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and Intranet sites
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and office. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Maintains records on sick leave, vacation and other absences.
- Recommends, develops and maintains human resource databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
Training and Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses Company growth training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development and production cross-training.
- Conducts orientation sessions for new employees to explain personnel policies, compensation and benefits programs.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks and standardized reports.
- Maintains employee-training records.
- Manage the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interview job applicants; review resumes/applications for all applicants; evaluates applicant’s skills and makes recommendations or short list regarding applicant’s qualifications.
- Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when required staff is identified.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the office and regard to employee relations.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on office policies, procedures and documentation.
- Work with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high-level employee morale and motivation.
- Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems inquiries.
- Participates in conducting investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the office. Counsels managers on employment issues.
Compensation (in coordination with the Finance Department)
- Assists with the monitoring of the office wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the office.
- Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain staff.
- Maintain benefits records and prepares documents necessary for implementing coverage. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Consults with and advises employees on eligibility for insurance and other benefits. Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 02 plus Years of experience in relevant field
- Master’s Degree or equivalent educational background in Human Resource Management
- Able to connect with industry, Academia and other channels to bring quality resources in field of Information Technology & Telecom
- Knowledge of Business English and linguistic skills.
- Knowledge of Employment Laws and Practices.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of public human resources administration including recruitment, classification, compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of sound records management.
- Knowledge of the literature and other sources of information in the field of human resources administration.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and methods.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and routine business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Ability to interpret of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established policies.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels and the general public.
- Working knowledge of office related computer systems