The Internal Account Manager works closely with the External Sales Director to help grow the margin for pre-defined territory locations/customers. They are responsible for facilitating the execution of all customer service relates functions associated with customer support including quoting, ordering, and customer service and reporting. The Internal Account Manager is to execute specific sales initiatives designed to grow gross margin in the accounts they service.
Order Fulfillment – Process orders and quotes in a timely and accurate manner
- Create quotes and orders flawlessly.
- Meet or exceed customer/contract SLAs on Quote delivery
- Meet or exceed customer/contract SLAs on Order placement
- Continuously monitor open orders and expedite where needed
- Provide comprehensive and timely communication to customers and Sales
- Support External account directors by managing the day to day customer requests and proactively service customer IT product needs within agreed SLA’s.
- Chase orders and lead times from our internal or external support functions.
- Answer customer inquiries.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to the customer and utilize the knowledge of products, technology and services to help customers grow and thrive.
- To meet with and develop strong business relations with relevant customers.
Relationship Building – Develop solid relationships with Zones customers.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis.
- Establish relationships with multiple people in multiple departments
- Constantly communicate outstanding orders, constraints and alternatives.
- Coordinate and encourage Zones team member interactions with accounts
- To meet with and develop strong business relationships with relevant iT vendors (HP, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, Netapp).
Customer Service – Provide for Customer operational and reporting needs.
- Provide proactive action to provide 5 star service.
- Have a complete understanding of the Zones Service Catalog
- Be the first and primary line of contact on all customer issues and concerns
- Engage Sales to coordinate communication of service and needs.
- Ensure that timely and impactful reporting is provided to the customer
Sourcing – Process, coordinate and manage to off catalog customer requests.
- Ensure custom catalog maintenance on Zones Connect
- Process project worksheets for inventory allocations
- Monitor and coordinate inventory management activities. (Hardware)
- Monitor and provide support activities on Customer contracts (Software)
Project Management – Conduct account planning and coordination of needs.
- Actively participate in pipeline growth and maintenance activities
- Uncover future needs through constant value driven interactions.
- Understand account dynamics and look for ways to increase profitability
- Understand Zones automation capabilities and look for opportunities to provide those services to customers.
- Coordinate with PMO or Enterprise Operations on new customer roll outs