1. Complete daily sales and margin watch analysis timely and accurately, analyze and research unusual items and report out on exceptions timely.
a. Complete the daily sales report and submit to the Financial Accounting Manager for review daily on or before the daily set deadline.
b. Identify anomalies and recommend corrections or adjustments based on review
c. Complete the margin watch review process daily and report on exceptions investigated or requiring assistance to the Financial Accounting Manager within the daily set deadline.
2. Assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries related to margin in compliance with the monthly close schedule
a. Prepare assigned monthly account reconciliations according to month-end close schedule.
b. Estimate and book accounting accruals for certain revenue and expense accounts.
3. Review commissionable margin adjustments for validity, propose adjustments based on review
a. Review commissionable margin adjustments for validity and submit approved adjustments to the Financial Accounting Manager for review
b. Calculate and prepare upload of commissionable margin adjustments as assigned
c. Update Incent for commissionable margin adjustments including plan changes as assigned.
4. Assist and comply with external auditing and reporting requirements
a. Provide necessary documents for external audits.
5. Provide resource for ad hoc reporting and analysis
a. Assist with necessary special projects as directed.
· Experience with analyzing margins
· Experience with sales commissions plans including calculations.
· Excellent critical thinking skills (detailed analysis of accounting issues, accounting reconciliations)
· General ledger accounting experience that includes complex account reconciliations, journal entries and financial statement analysis.
· GAAP knowledge and accounting research skills required
· Experience working within a large ERP system and advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access etc.).
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
· Must be a self-starter with an ability to work individually and with others to achieve department goals. Excellent interpersonal skills and thrives in a team oriented environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills