Inside Soltion Archeitect position focuses on supporting ZONES Account Executives, Inside Sales Reps and Solution Architects with all presales assistance, Bill of Material (BoM) creation, discovery call, solution sizing resulting in ZONES quote creation and providing general technical answers on all Vmware products and solutions including Server Virtualization, Storage virtualization, VDI, DR solution &Vcloud solution.
As an Inside Soltion Archeitect resource helps supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The ISA collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The ISA role also plays a pivotal role to help maintain partnership certification requirements of related manufactures. The ISA is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
- Be an Expert in all VMware Deal Registration and pricing programs, processes, configuration tools and external resources.
- Supports Account Executive’s(AE’s), Solution Architects (SA’s) and Client Account Manager’s (CAM’s) by performing all presales activities required to complete the solution design. These activities include submitting Deal Registrations, discovery call’s, creating BoM’s, web demo’s (if required), securing ZONES solution costs from OEM or Distributor, creation Visio diagrams on complex solutions, building a quote in ZONES CRM and validating the solution accuracy prior to delivery.
- Act as a primary resource for Customer RFP’s/RFQ’s requesting OEM specific solutions. Work with the AE’s/ISR’s and the RFP team to ensure we meet the deadline, that the BoM’s are accurate and that ZONES leverages all available OEM pricing programs to increase our chances of winning.
- Review quotes/configurations/Licensing prior to delivery to the Customer to ensure accuracy and minimize costly returns and Customer satisfaction issues.
- Identify and recommend upsell/cross-sell opportunities to help maximize solution revenue and margin potential.
- Assits Sr team resources on remote assesments like VOA, VSAN etc
- Work with AE’s/ISR’s to answer general presales technical and non-technical questions while educating AEs/ISR’s on Vmware products and resources.
- Act as a trainer and mentor to new ISA team members who may join ZONES to support Virtualization business. Responsible for ensuring the new hire is educated and trained on all aspects of the job.
- Display a positive, can-do attitude, willing to help others and take initiative to improve internal processes and consistently add value to department & organization.
- Strong understanding of computer industry and industry distribution channels
- Knowledge of leading virtualization vendor platforms and products, particularly in the field of Virtualization and VDI, etc.
- Proven track record of successfully executing Presales activities (solution design, usage of configuration tools, assessment tools, pricing programs, deal registration, etc.)
- Post-sale technical, installation and administration experience are an asset
- Proven track record for meeting financial goals, key sales objectives and successful project completion
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- In-depth experience working cross departmentally to improve processes through the use of automation and process workflows that contain costs
- Strong values and work ethic
- Strong people skills and ability to enable others through conducting trainings and demonstrations