The Statement of Work Drafter plays a critical role in the sale of our diverse professional services portfolio. You will create, edit, log, and track statements of work, with input from solution experts, approved service providers, and legal reviewers. This position reports to the Manager, Contract Operations and is part of Zones’ Legal Department.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Statement of Work Drafter primary responsible for:
- Managing the process for assembly of statements of work (SOWs) from initial drafting to archiving of executed documents.
- Creating customer-facing and provider-facing statements of work and related contract documents based on established templates.
- Editing and re-writing solution-based content provided by Solution Architects or Solution Engineers.
- Proofreading to ensure clarity of language, consistent formatting, and clean presentation to the client or provider.
- Facilitating the necessary quality control process for large or strategic opportunities.
- Working seamlessly with Solution Architects and sales personnel to incorporate client-requested changes.
- Working seamlessly with Staff Attorneys to manage the negotiation and approval of terms and conditions.
- Loading and updating all SOW-related materials in a centralized management portal.
- Regularly logging and communicating status updates to key stakeholders.
- Writing and creating content for new templates, which are tailored for specific solutions.
- Addressing other related issues as they arise, as directed by the Manager, Contract Operations.
Education, Certifications, & Technology Requirements:
- Displays strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to effectively communicate with different audiences.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and prioritizes work to meet established service level agreements.
- Works in a self-directed manner to complete items with the highest degree of accuracy, judgment, integrity, and creativity.
- Possesses a perfectionist mindset and an intense focus on details.
- Projects poise and composure under hard deadlines.
- Interacts and builds positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders with a pleasant, professional demeanor.
- Works comfortably in a fast-paced environment and picks up new skills and concepts quickly.
- Employs a strong command of MS Office products (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint) and the ability to learn how to utilize new applications.
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Word or SharePoint desired, but not required.