Zuutu is a growing New York based start up adaptive apparel brand focusing on improving the lives of medical patients, seniors and others who can benefit from customized functional clothing. We are seeking Employee #1, a resourceful Brand Manager to serve on the front lines of day-to-day initiatives and longer range projects. The ideal candidate for this role is a detail-oriented self-starter who leans in to challenging tasks and is not afraid to make mistakes.
The position offers a front row into brand building and expansion, working directly with the founder and getting hands on experience across a wide variety of areas including Sales, Marketing and Product Development with the opportunnity to build a local team as the business grows.
· Assist in interpretingthe brand’s direction into materials, styles and markets
· Oversee and help preparelook book, sales materials and customer lists
· Participate in R&D of trends and product development
· Prepare specs and tech packs for suppliers and review development samples
· Supervise the creation and editing of prints and listings in Photoshop
· Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook and Instagram
· Assist in copywriting and blogging for social, email and website content.
· Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
· 2-3 years of work experience in apparel or ecommerce
· Experience with Amazon or Shopify and digital marketing is a plus
· Strong collaboration skills, independent self-starter willing to work with distributed team members
· Curious, multidisciplinary, and eager to learn.
· Detail-obsessed; driven to produce the highest quality work
· Start up mentality, excited to see a business grow
· Compassionate and empathetic, wanting to add value for people undergoing challenging situations
· Experience with Google Sheets, Dropbox, Word and Excel. Photoshop is a plus