We are looking for a System/Network Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
· Installation, configuration and maintenance of the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
· Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
· Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
· Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
· Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely. Troubleshoot issues and outages.
· Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
· Providing technical support when requested.
· Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
· Manage network servers and technology tools
· Set up accounts and workstations
· Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
· Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
· Upgrade systems with new releases and models
· Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
· Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
· Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
· Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
· Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
· Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
· Familiarity with SQL and database operations
· Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
· Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
· Excellent communication skills
· MSc/BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus point.