farm 4.0 is an autonomous agricultural robotics startup that is disrupting the trillion dollar STEM education and home-gardening industry that touches billions of people globally. We have raised a round of funding from investors and just concluded our Kickstarter Campaign selling more than $60,000 of product in 40 days. Our team in United States is comprised of highly proficient engineers, designers, food policy researchers, agricultural experts and passionate social entrepreneurs.
We are headquartered at the Global Innovation Exchange in Seattle, USA with a team in New York City and Karachi, Pakistan. Our mission is to make agri-tech innovation affordable for underserved consumer segments and accelerate the global transition to an equitable, decentralized and sustainable food system.
We are developing app-controlled indoor gardens with conversational AI and advanced IOT technology. Herbot is a line of indoor robots that automate the process of home gardening and empower the next generation of urban farmers through affordable and sustainable organic agriculture.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Product Development Team. This position is full-time and located in our Karachi office. In addition to paying a competitive salary, this position will potentially offer equity which could be very lucrative.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Passion and empathy for customers. You should LOVE building solutions and experiences that make their lives easier and deliver measurable business value.
- Passion and excitement for software engineering. You should LOVE creating performant software and working with bleeding edge technology.
- A strong background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms. Good understanding of analytical & statistical concepts.
- An understanding of software service development principles and patterns such as loose coupling and clean separation of services.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Engineering Management, Data Scientists, UX designers and Program Managers.
- Exposure to or experience with SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Exposure to or experience with Restful web services.
- Exposure to or experience with cloud services: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, continuous integration & deployment. Must have strong debugging skills
- Interest in or exposure to DevOps supporting production systems.
- Interest in or exposure to machine learning concepts as well as data analysis skills.