Machine learning Engineer
- Working with the Recombee platform to create recommendations tailored to each specific user on our platform
- Researching and implementing the best possible user experiences from end-to-end
- Collaborating with data engineers to build data and model pipelines
- Running A/B tests, performing statistical analysis as well as documenting the impact of the machine learning model
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- To provide frequent updates to the managing team in regard to any issues found, solutions implemented and suggestions pertinent to the improvement of our machine learning system
- To be a part of online calls with representatives of Recombee as part of any important discussions
- Coding with programming languages such as Python, SQL and R code
- Extensive use of Excel/CSV. files or datasets to test the machine learning solutions
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them. While understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in software development processes.
- Good English proficiency – written and spoken
- A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence or Intelligent Systems or Machine Learning
- Must possess a high degree of theoretical understanding of modern machine learning algorithms
- 1 to 3 years of proven experience implementing machine & deep learning solutions to businesses
- Past experience implementing machine learning solutions in the areas of image and speech recognition, customer insight as well as risk management and fraud prevention is a bonus
- 1 to 2 years of experience programming with Python programming language
- Able to analyse large, complex datasets to extract insights and deciding on the appropriate techniques
- Able to communicate and explain complex processes to people who are not programming experts
- Have some familiarity with platforms such as Recombee and IBM Analytics (Optional)
- Strong knowledge on how to use MS Excel
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Able to think creatively
- Strong rational thinking skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- Able to work under pressure or stress
What do we offer?
A thriving culture, with every single one of your colleagues just as smart, passionate, and driven as you are.
- Ongoing paid training
- Get trained by senior team members
- Growth opportunity and future travel provided and paid.