- Research & Development
- Developing new fabrics in Knit textiles
- Promoting innovation in collaboration with creative teamIdentifying the latest fabric trends, developments and innovations and conduct RnDExperiment with textiles to improve their look, feel, texture and durability.
- Product Specification & Testing
- Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to ensure all bulk fabrics are assessed and approved.
- Developing and approving all product specifications and sealed samples to ensure that critical path milestones are achieved.
- Responsible for all fabric testing from sampling stage through to production ensuring critical path deadlines are maintained.
- To test all fabrics to ensure that they conform to the requirements as well as their end use.
- Quality Assurance
- Manage all fabric testing procedures ensuring fabrics meet required standards.
- Quality Control
- Ensure appropriate systems and controls are in place to ensure that standards and specification are met on a continued basis.
- Carrying out a range of technical, investigative and quality control work on clothing and textiles, ensuring that quality, ethical & legal standards are met
- Overseeing the dyeing, printing and finishing processes
- Ensuring quality in areas such as strength, durability, colourfastness, and water and chemical resistance
- Undertaking quality evaluations of materials and checking the quality of the final product
- Responding to product queries, including complaints, from customers
A high level of technical knowledge and strong practical skills
The ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required
Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
Organisational skills, to ensure time schedules are adhered to and deadlines are met
Good knowledge of textile testing procedures
Qualifications: B.Sc in Textile Engineering
Experience: Minimum 3 years of post qualification experience in knitwear industry.