We are looking for a knowledgeable neurosurgeon to be responsible for performing surgeries to assist in rectifying medical conditions that affect the spinal cord, brain, and peripheral nerves. The neurosurgeon will oversee and coordinate a team of surgeons and nurses to perform surgeries to remove tumors, relieve chronic pain, and treat wounds, vascular disorders, and diseases.
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of microsurgeries and have excellent hand-eye coordination. You should have steady hands, strong leadership skills, and the ability to work under stress and pressure.
• Overseeing and coordinating teams of surgeons and nurses in the operating theater.
• Operating microscopes for surgeries to perform microsurgeries.
• Ordering, performing, and interpreting results of diagnostic tests, such as MRIs, PET scans, and CT scans.
• Assessing and diagnosing patients, prescribing treatments, and monitoring the patients' progress.
• Meeting with families of patients in surgery and keeping them updated.
• Handling unscheduled emergency surgeries.
• Working with psychiatrists, therapists, and neurologists, and consulting with other departments.
• Performing basic administrative and business tasks, such as keeping records, writing prescriptions, and filling out paperwork.
• Keeping up with new discoveries and attending academic conferences.