Director of Human Resources
- Responsible for the provision of a comprehensive and professional Human Resource
- service through leadership, in the implementation of strategic initiatives and management of operational HR activities.
- Support the HR Director in the creation of the Human Resources strategy.
- Set a clear direction for HR Operations, enabling delivery of the HR plan.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the HR Strategy and ensure it remains appropriate and in line with KPIs
- Understand the unique roles and responsibilities, strategic goals, and business plans of each division in order to provide a proactive HR service.
- Continually review the service provided ensuring it meets the needs of users.
- Develop and maintain effective internal relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place.
- Ensure trends and experience are used to inform future resource allocation and that resources are balanced across all areas.
- Ensure implementation of effective HR communication and develop opportunities for involvement and participation.
- Manage develop and motivate a remote team of HR professionals.
- Manage department expenditure within agreed budget.
- Manage the National Service Centre directorate and outsourced contracts accepting a personal case load.
- Deputise for the HR Director at SMT and Board meetings as required.
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achievement of expected objectives
- Consistently displays competence for the role
- Expenditure against budget
- Quality of service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Staff turnover levels
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of managing a remote HR team (ES)
- Demonstrated senior HR/OD experience (ES)
- Proven track record in developing and delivering a people strategy (ES)
- Successful track record of using OD interventions to support organizational change
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and modern HR practices
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels
- Ability to think and plan operationally and strategically (ES)
- Communicate sensitively and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people (ES)
- Leadership skills and ability to empower, motivate and to create a positive, inclusive team ethos.
- Financial and budgetary management with the ability to understand,manage and interpret budgetary and other financial information.
- Personal resilience and an ability to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty, pressure and scrutiny from others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the computer and computer software, especially Microsoft Office and the Internet. (ES)
- Ability to travel nationally on an ad hoc basis