The objective of this post is to provide an independent, objective, assurance and consultancy service to add value and improve Muslim Aid Pakistan (MAP) operations. Secondly, to help the organization to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
· Determine Internal Audit scope and develop annual plans.
· Undertake Audit assignment both into financial and programmatic aspects of program through conducting Audit within Muslim Aid Pakistan’s various departments.
· To conduct reviews or tasks advised by the Country Director and Senior Management and present audit findings, along with recommendations to overcome critical gaps.
· Make sure that such reviews are carried out without compromising on the independence and objectivity of internal audit function
· Assist MAP Management in monitoring of Audit actions list undertaken by different department.
· Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
· Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
· Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement.
· Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
· Maintain open communication with senior management and audit committee.
· Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
· Conduct investigation and interrogations, depending on assignment.
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
· Undertake the design and delivery of new Audit initiatives.
· Support the design and delivery of the Control Self-Assessment process as required.
· Facilitate, coordinate and share its learning/feedback into the system as per Management guidance.
· To collate a detailed and thorough risk register and associated processes to promote risk management culture
· Develop and deliver workshops, training and presentations as and when required.
· To assist in providing both management and the Country Director with an opinion on the internal controls and value for money in the charity.
· To monitor the Audit, follow up process and ensure the action plan has been met according to deadlines. Need to ensure each point has been dealt with and risk has been mitigated.
· Keep up to date with all internal policies and guidelines to ensure compliance.
Muslim Aid, an international relief and development agency working to alleviate the suffering among the worlds poorest and most needy communities regardless of race, creed or nationality across the globe.