More than 18 years of professional experience in the field of community Development, social mobilization, Education, Health (Polio, Nutrition, corona), program management, Grant design, budgeting, its coordination, monitoring and implementation. Having good working experience in the areas of integrated development, Governance Democracy, institutional development, local governance, Trainings, rural development stabilization/Transition, TDPs return and rehabilitation.
District Program Manager ---August 2016-Till date
Newly merged Tribal District North Waziristan
Since my joining on the current position till date I supervised and managed the following long term community driven development projects in newly merged district North Waziristan/Ex-FATA KPK.
S.No Project Name Funded by Budget
(Millions PKR) Duration Start End Sector
1 Reintegration and Rehabilitation for Internally Displaced Persons in Merged Districts-RRP KFW 1,100 4 Years Sep-16 Dec-21
Community Mobilization, community Infrastructure development and Livelihoods
2 Aid to Uprooted People in Pakistan- (AUP) EU 1,500 Ongoing-Long term Jul-17 Ongoing Community Mobilization, community Infrastructure development and Livelihoods
3 Strengthening Justice Service’s (Rule of law) delivery in newly merged districts. UNDP 23 3 Years Feb-18 March-22 Legal Empowerment & awareness
4 Strengthening Community Inclusion & Dialogues in North Waziristan Swiss Peace/PATRIP Foundation-Govt of Germany 11 2 Years Apr-20 Ongoing Community Participation/Mobilization & Inclusion, community infrastructure development
5 Health Facilities up-lift in Southern KP & NMDs Bill Gates & Melinda Group Foundation 79 14 Months Nov-20 ongoing Social Mobilization, Awareness sessions Community & Health Infrastructure development , Health Camps
6 Sanitation Up-Scaling Program in North Waziristan of KP Merged District (Rural PATS) UNICEF ongoing
2016- 2021 WASH interventions which included water, sanitation, health and hygiene remained priority in areas of returned. WASH services were basic pre-requisites for the health and reduced vulnerability of all of these population segments. One of the main purposes of the project was to make the villages Open Defecation Free (ODF) at the end of the project.
constructing latrine in schools, person with disability latrines, low cost latrines, kit distribution in low performing union councils, WASH Facilities in ALP (Alternate Learning Places), Menstrual hygiene management latrines for girls in High schools, WASH Facilities in Health Centers, Training of community, teachers ,Govt staff on ODF.
7 Distribution of Solar Panel Kits UNDP 4 3 Months Apr-21 Jun-21 Promotion of renewable energy
8 FATA Economic Revitalization Program-FERP UNDP 17 Months Feb-19 June-20 Community Mobilization, community Infrastructure development and Livelihoods
9 FATA Transition and recovery project-FTRP UNDP 12 months Aug-2016 July -2017 Community Mobilization, community Infrastructure development and Livelihoods
10 Support to Returnees and Their Communities in FATA/ under FATA Transition program (SRC)
UNDP 14 Months Sep-16 Oct-17 Rehabilitation of partially and damaged schools (400), Construction of pre-fabricated schools (25), Provision of tents and rental schools (30), Establishment of community physical infrastructure (Community schemes (80)) and livelihood activities, Teacher training, PTC formation and trainings.
11 UNDP Joint project UNDP 8 Months Nov-18 June-19 Community Mobilization, community Infrastructure development and Livelihoods
12 World Food Program
WFP 24 Months Jan-18 Dec-20 Distribution of monthly food (Food for work, Cash for work-TDP return (102,000 HH)
13 UNHCR IDPs project UNHCR 24 Months Jan-17 Dec-19 Registration of 102,000 families displaced from north Waziristan to different districts of KPK during TDP crises. De-registration and return facilitation of 930,000 families return to their areas of origin after TDP crises.
14 project on women protection and mental health and psycho-social support services UNFPA 3 Years Jan 20 ongoing SRSP in collaboration with UNFPA, funded by DFAT (Govt. of Australia) is implementing a project on women protection in District Khyber, Kohat, Peshawar and FR Bannu. The project has established eight Women Friendly Health Spaces (WFHs) in selected BHUs, camps and hospital. These WFHs has provided mental health and psycho-social support services to nearly 4,000 women and adolescent girls along with referral pathways at the district level for GBV/protection case management. During the project 62,093 men and women received awareness rising sessions on women protection.
15 Community Mobilization and Demand Creation for Increased Uptake of COVID-19 Vaccination” JSI-USAID/
Govt of KPK 06 months March 22 Ongoing Objective of the project is to improve uptake of covid-19 vaccine in the low performing union councils of the target districts. The project will supplement Government efforts for increasing uptake of covid-19 vaccine.
Through community mobilization, awareness raising sessions, field visits along with District Health officer/ Health department and JSI –USAID Staff.
Supports small and large scale activity programming/community development grants/schemes. The activities are designed to support organizations, including government entities, local organizations and community groups, to implement peace building and community development/Community mobilization activities through community driven development program.
Position Overview/ Project Management and Supervision:
• As Project Manager I am responsible for overall management, planning, implementation, monitoring & supervision and reporting of the project.
• Under supervision of the Director of Programs, provide technical and management support and guidance to project field staff for implementing project activities and preparing periodic project reports.
• Responsible for coordination with community, stakeholders/implementing partners for effective implementation of the project and for strengthening their capacity through formal workshops, trainings etc.
• Carry-out regular monitoring visits of the project sites, provide on-site technical support and ensure quality, validity and timeliness of reports, in accordance with the donor guidelines and requirements.
• Ensure timely piloting of different digital tools, identify strengths and weaknesses based on user’s feedback and make recommendations to the management and the donor for revisions where required.
• District Manager is a senior field position who plays an integral role in supporting all projects teams (All other donor projects) to ensure compliance, transparency and accountability as well oversees day-to-day project operations and administration, including finance, procurement, human resources, I.T, operational systems, and logistics, ensuring smooth program design, implementation, monitoring, coordination and program integrity, working closely with stakeholders and Head office.
• Ensure development of monthly and quarterly work plans of individual team members as well as of the project and its implementation through regular meetings with team members.
• Work closely with Common Management Unit/stakeholders, Head quarter. donors for the development of joint annual and quarterly work plans
• Responsible for programmatic and financial reporting
• Convene monthly data review meetings with Common Management Unit/ stakeholders, Head quarter. Donors Program for regular updates and for review of data on utilization of the Tracker system to understand which users are using it for which purposes.
• Regularly review financial pipelines and Budget vs. Actual (BvA) to ensure financial targets are being met.
• Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems and review outputs for quality control in coordination with Director of Programs.
• As Agency Coordinator I was responsible for providing support for a high volume Department of State (DOS) funded project in a conflict environment. As Agency Coordinator support the program activities by gathering information from the staff on four program components, and coordinating between various program staff and government counter parts, together and distribute information for technical activity development and implementation. Also review small grants and POAs and track activity implementation. Responsible for developing and maintaining various program trackers, contributing to work plans, Reporting and closing out activities. Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with client agency, organization, policies and procedures. Work closely with program counterparts to ensure streamlined activity development, tracking and implementation, and program management. Support further development of and content management in the Knowledge Management System (KMS).
Its USAID OTI funded project, under the Pakistan Transition Initiative. It is entrusted with the task to provide rapid response to the demands of the victims belonging to the areas affected by the violent extremism. To provide support to the Government of Pakistan (GoP) to provide tribal communities in the form of small grants, Its core activities are to carry out projects of community infrastructure development, Health, education, youth development, water, sanitation, relief, rehabilitation, and resettlement services for victims of oppression and conflict mitigation, so as to facilitate the confidence building among the communities and the government and to establish writ of the Government ,counter violent extremism ,build a foundation for political and social development in conflict-prone communities in FATA-Pakistan.
I headed the project's operations at the agency level
Conduct the process of community mobilization and formed 150 community organizations, 60 Village organizations, 15 Local Support Organizations.
• Assisted the District Program Manager in designing and implementing community outreach activities/programs by evaluating needs of the community groups in line with project objectives and developing community component strategy.
• Worked as an active member of the district project teams to ensure effective implementation of the community mobilization activities/ strategy in the targeted communities.
• Conducted regular field visits to implement and monitor agreed activities.
• Keep close liaison with stakeholders at field unit level and engaged in active dialogue with all stakeholders, community, District government, line agencies, NGO working in social sector Development.
• Explain to rural community groups the project concept, objectives & the benefits of bottom up planning for natural resources management.
• Identify and develop resources within the community through transfer of skills and knowledge, to sustain community participation and cooperation in all programs/ Activities.
• Ensure sustainability of development initiatives through establishment of systems, community motivation, mobilization and organization.
• Prepared 150 number of VDPs for each community organization (village development plan).
• Prepared social feasibility of each community scheme/awarded Grant.
• Making weekly, monthly work plans, success stories, case studies, progress reports.
• Organized trainings for village, community organization on social Mobilization, record keeping, finance, skill development, operation and maintenance of schemes.
• Developed and manage project budgets, including financial and material resources
Especially develop budget for Trainings, Manager Conferences, workshops, Gender Forums and other activities.
• Worked for the strong capacity building of the provincial government, district government and local government to develop and manage their respective recurrent and development budgets and for community-driven rural development approaches as well to engage with civil society and community-based organizations (CBOs) in a responsive, transparent and accountable manner
• Established a participatory mechanism involving local communities in the delivery of front line public services.
• Build capacity of CBOs in the identification, design, selection, implementation and evaluation of community-driven physical infrastructure projects.
• Managing Cash for Work grants in 2005 earth quick affected areas/communities.
• Any other tasks assigned by the senior management for ensuring smooth delivery of the project.