Pursuing a challenging role in a competitive environment; to constantly learn and upgrade my skills, to work hard to my level best and contribute towards organizational goal thus ensuring personal and professional growth and to utilize my perfect blend of almost 8 years’ active experience and creativity, deploying my skills and experiences whilst achieving targets of the Organization.
· I manage a team of 5 employees in finance department. I arrange weekly and monthly team meeting to evaluate/assess the work progress and team performance. This ensures the smooth functioning of finance department and producing the financial reporting on time
· Accurately record and update Cash flow. I work closely with Accounts payable and Accounts receivable teams to reflect the true value in Cash flow. It ensures smooth supply chain and avoiding bad debts.
· Regularly monitored & reconciled nominal ledger with debtors, creditors and bank balances. I regularly maintained financial reconciliations of commercial accruals, general accruals and prepayments. It ensured they are recognised in correct period and reflected in management accounts.
· Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements as per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to present true and fair picture of the business affairs of an organization.
· Prepared annual budget and maintained budget versus actual spent; regularly reported variance to other departments and enquired commentary on them to present true picture of phased spending to Shareholders.
· Administered Capital expenditure and ensured the IAS 16/IAS 38/IAS 36 has been followed in recognizing the capital expense, measuring the depreciation charges and impairment review has been done. It ensures the cash flow projections are reflecting the accuracy.
· Coordinated and completed annual audits, as a department head I ensured the audit gets completed on time and auditors are content with the company financial SOP and their implementation.
· Prepared and analysed regular Tax returns, as CFO I monitor tax provisions very closely to ensure that taxation laws are implemented in true spirit
· Evaluated and improved company financial standard operating procedures, I encourage my team members to suggest system improvements and it ensures team understands the importance of correct procedures are in place and implemented.
Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading microfinance bank with a turnover of 18 billion. Responsibilities were:
· Reviewing accounting records and verifying all financial transactions of the bank,
· Analyzing income, expenses, and other investments of the bank,
· Performing internal audits and presenting report for the management,
· Improving accounting operations and training new employees,
· Checking and enforcing compliance with State Bank of Pakistan Prudential Regulations and other applicable laws,
· Inspecting the safety of bank's vaults and checking all business activities regularly,
· Preparation of Audit Checklists and Audit programs,
· Checking the compliance of operations with the operational policies of the bank.
During the period mentioned above, I was engaged under given activities:
Accounting Services (Recording to Financial statements)
Compliance with IFRS,
Sales Tax & Income Tax (NTN, e-filing of return & statements and wealth statements etc.)
Corporate Services (Incorporation, filing of returns in SECP, Liquidation of Private co. etc.)
Consultancy Services (Proposal writing and Feasibility study, Projected Accounts, Accounting Manual preparation, System Operating Procedures (SOP) preparation etc.