I am a highly motivated and results-oriented Finance & Administrative Professional who brings along over 09 years of experience in accounting, finance and administrative field. I am well versed in leading the preparation and analysis of financial reports, budgets, and forecasts while maintaining accounting goals. Proficient in robust financial reporting, strategic business management advice, and developing various financial plans. Proven record of developing and implementing financial and operational controls that improve position of businesses. Highly expertise in risk assessment, documentation, and reporting along with deploying enhancement measures to maximize efficiency for optimum productivity, while meeting business objectives and vision. Currently I am pursuing CPA from Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Pakistan and completed Post Graduate Diploma in Public Accounting from ICPAP Islamabad.
My key skills include financial analysis & projections, strategic & operational risk assessment, audit, problem identification & resolution, budgeting and planning, administration management, accounting & reporting policies, international financial reporting standards, financial statements, problem solving and communication skills.
Currently I am engaged Plan International Pakistan, as Finance and Administration Officer, where I am responsible for generating and analyzing regular reports and summaries of accounting activities including income statements, balance sheets, general ledger and reports. I possess proven expertise that include, financial reporting, accounts management, financial systems, supervision and review of financial accounting record. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles.
Maintaining a robust financial system and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of transactions in accordance with SSFF’s policies & procedures, donor regulations clients and generally accepted accounting standards.
Ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization.
Coordinating with Chief Executive Officer & program development manager for monthly funding projections, ensuring adequate funds are available to meet project needs.
Maintaining effective control over cash and bank account (ensuring that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records).
Ensuring smooth month-end closing procedures and data entry in SUN System.
Implementing staff payroll including responsibility for maintenance of gratuity, insurances and disbursements to tax authorities
Contributing to financial management and monitoring through supporting budget tracking mechanisms including accurate tracking of over/under spending of budget.
Facilitating local tax reporting
Facilitating internal/external auditors during internal/external audits
Reporting problems related to operational matters and compliance issues to Chief executive officer
Preparing various financial reports
Day to day management of the Operations team in Multan
Implementing procurement activities in compliance with SSFF's and donor procedures as well as ensuring a clear and transparent process
Managing HR processes in compliance with SSFF's policies
Delivering formal training sessions on relevant F&A topics and provide day to day coaching to the team to ensure adherence to policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
Completing other tasks related to Operations Management as assigned by the Managing of SSFF
• Supervise cash for expenses, organize paperwork, documents, and computer-based information, and maintain balance sheets, reports, and profit or loss statements, for monthly and yearly reporting.
• Examine documents, products, production schedules, work orders, staffing tables and work processes to evaluate completeness, accuracy conformance to standards and specifications.
• Observe invoicing and collection of receivables and fixed assets system, assess payment vouchers and certificates, and formulate documents, requirements, schedules, cost estimates, reconciliation statements, payroll and reports in accordance with accounting principles and requirements monthly.
• Assist in all areas of administration including profit and loss management, inventory management, personnel and payroll management
• Schedule and administer appointments; received and sorted incoming correspondence, letters, emails, faxes, posts, text messages and internal memos; dealt appropriately and set priorities.
• Observe and collect information for a report, including statement of equipment, price list, and purchase files identification sheet, vehicle follow up, stock monthly report, and any other report.
• Formulate the ﬁnancial transaction documentation and submit the same for approval and recording in the SAP ﬁnancial system.
• Prearrange and supervise all travel arrangements, formulate reports and documents, as well as direct and resolve all issues in a timely manner.
• Oversee efforts of administrative employees to assure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures. Provide business cycle management by planning in-depth budget reviews, latest estimate activities, and month end closings.
• Track actual cost and organize work schedules for the staff base on project business volume; submit all financial, and administrative reporting according to schedule deadlines.
• Revised financial information and highlighted business’s performance on a periodic basis to determine level of compliance with relevant statutes, rules, procedures, policies, and regulations.
• Efficiently formulated the annual budget, donor reports, as well as financial statements on individually basis, design project proposal budgets and take up initiatives to help them reach full cost coverage.
• Structured and streamlined day-to-day operations resulting in more accurate and timely financial information used in monthly financial reporting package.
• Executed internal audit plan and process audits, established audit plans, and facilitated monthly risk assessment sessions.
• Organized and submitted budget/forecasts exercise within timelines; monitored budget accuracy and delivered explanation on deviation from plan to aid management in planning; made financial reports to know performance and make decision.
• Instrumentally prepared periodic works plans and financial reporting as per donor requirements, including monthly, quarterly reports and annual reports.
• Streamlined and supervised various tasks, including vendors payment, stock register, comparison report, generation of posted dated cheque, sales report, ensuring availability of funds, quality assurance of and goods receipts note.
• Established and administered budgets or estimates to determine net sales, cost components, and taxes.
• Led weekly financial review sessions and provided documentation necessary to ensure that projects, contracts, resources, and change requests are maintain within budget and margin expectations.
• Updated WVP bank signatories in all banks in case of leavers or newcomers.
• Held accountable for the preparation of monthly sales tax return and other routine tax matters as well as oversee monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Retain the labor distribution report and other necessary copies of the USAID grant documents properly.
• Skillfully analyzed proposals inclusive of price, order quantity, discounts, terms, lead-time, and logistics costs; managed financial reports and other supplier/market data and information to determine best value for business and customers.
• Formulated cost or benefit analysis to determine the optimal product order quantities based on pricing, warehouse capacity or utilization, delivery schedules, risk assessment, and inventory carrying costs.
• Observed invoicing and collection of receivables and fixed assets system, assessed payment vouchers and certificates, and formulated documents, requirements, schedules, cost estimates, reconciliation statements, payroll and reports in accordance with accounting principles and requirements monthly.
• Assisted in all areas of administration including profit and loss management, inventory management, personnel and payroll management.
• Responsible for procurements including clarifying requirements, preparing request for quote, negotiating, terms and conditions, deliverables, awarding purchase orders, and follow-up.
• Supervised inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
• Demonstrated outstanding communication skills by the development of presentations to management team and coordination of all budgeting and planning activities.
• Delivered accurate and timely financial payments and disbursements reports to facilitate the decision-making process and ensure success of the corporation.
• Completed account analysis of general ledger accounts variances, and reconciled changes as well as account reconciliations and closing activities; acquired authorization and information for documents.
• Successfully oversaw taxation matters including calculation & payment of tax liabilities, deduction of withholding tax from payments, exemption certiﬁcates and tax audits.
• Directed accounting operations, including AP/AR, payroll, account reporting and bank reconciliations
• Completed account analysis of general ledger accounts variances, and reconciled changes as well as account reconciliations and closing activities; acquire authorization and information for documents.
• Held accountable for vendor maintenance on Banner Finance System ensuring compliance to data standards as well as updated the interface between Banner A/R and A/P to ensure data integrity and the timely processing of student refunds.
• Delivered guidance regarding purchasing and ﬁnancial standard practices to college personnel and vendors.
• Formulated and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, manual cheque and contract Payments.
• Answerable for processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc.).
• Accountable for all A/P functions: verified invoice accuracy, ensured proper accounting, and posted all invoices into the accounting system and preparation of financial statement of monthly basis.
• Supervised all accounting functions, including budgeting, month end closing, financial reporting, petty cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.