I am a seasoned, goal-focused professional with 10 years’ experience in auditing along with eight years in taxation, seven years in accounting & finance, and five years in corporate field. Performance focused and analytical professional with expertise overseeing the adherence to rules, regulations, policies and standards of conduct within the above mentioned sectors. I am proficient in analyzing market risks and proposing strategic financial, auditing, accounting, and taxation plans to enhance organizational growth and profitability. Demonstrated capacity to leverage excellent management skills to oversee cross-functional team operations, review and verify financial transactions, and execute accurate account reconciliations. Deft at collaborating with senior auditing / accounting/ legal professionals and Chief Executive Officer to provide advisory support. Skilled in monitoring detail audit process and assessing financial performance of staff.
My key skills includes Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Corporate Financial Management, Accounts Receivable & Payable, Budgeting & Forecasting, Proficient in Accounting Modules, External & Internal Auditing, Fraud/Risk Assessment, Internal Controls Design & Implementation, Proficient in Auditing Tools , Team Building, Tax & Corporate Regulatory Compliances, Value Added Taxation, Income Tax / VAT Liabilities, Problem Solving and Microsoft Office
My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
· Delivered strategic direction and guidelines to the board & It’s committees in identifying and overseeing corporate governance matters as per enacted corporate regulations.
· Conducted general meetings to supervise administrative related functions in accordance with listing rules, company act, and regulatory matters.
· Liaised with securities & exchange commission/shareholders to retain statutory records.
Manager, Indirect Tax (SGT / VAT)/ Customs
Rendered keen eye for details to obtain online refunds through filing application. Developed and strengthened long-term relations with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) in managing routine tax audits and examining ad hoc enquiries. Managed all aspects of accounting including invoicing, bank payments, Inventory / production, and fixed assets management required for tax return purposes.·
Minimized VAT liabilities/duty in legislative framework by delivering VAT/GST reporting and ensuring compliance.
Dealing with Customs department for obtaining approvals for import of raw material & export of finished goods with zero sales tax / duties .
Streamline and supervise everyday accounting operations of the department while following set policies, procedures, and standards. Generate reports on budgeting & forecasting to improve performance by collaborating with management accountant. Achieve bottom line results by using various software applications for accounting and reporting purposes. Build synergies with auditors and banks/financial institutions to obtain facilities/repayments and maintain working capital.
· Efficiently formulated, recorded, classified, and compiled monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, projection reports, and transactions in line with international financial reporting standards and applicable laws.
· Ensured error-free invoicing and bank reconciliation process by operating company’s accounting software.
· Eliminated accounting errors and maintained integrity of financial information through account reconciliation.
· Maintaining Working Capital, dealing with Banks/ Financial Institutions to obtain loan facilities its repayments and collateral management.
Streamlined and administered audit department of the firm with a portfolio of 10+ clients, including listed, unlisted and private companies. Led finalization of audits, including consolidation of branches, group companies, and subsidiaries as per international financial reporting standards. Attained predefined objectives within established timelines by overseeing cross functional staff members and assessing time/costs for projects. Met tight deadlines via close collaboration with clients, staff, and partners.
Audit & Assurance
· Understand business processes and identifying audit risks by evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place for managing risk exposures;
· Assess compliance to determine scope, focus and appropriate audit methodology and developing audit programs to accomplish audit objectives;
· Evaluate opportunities for improvement, identify control gaps and provide value added recommendations;
· Ensuring the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguarding assets, preventing fraudulent activity, complying with laws and regulations, and promoting efficient operations and company growth;
· Independently managing various teams of 25 to 30 staff for completion of audits within the budgeted time in order to adhere to the pre-determined recovery rates for major clients;
· Confirming the compliance as laid down by various authorities such as State Bank of Pakistan, Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Karachi Stock Exchange etc.;
· Negotiating with clients for fee increase and exploring avenues to secure additional jobs and special assignments; and
· Actively involved in business development including preparation of business proposals for ongoing submission.
· Manufacturing: Reliance Cotton & Spinning Mills Ltd | Reliance Weaving Mills Limited | Sunrays Textile Mills Limited | Fazal Weaving Mills Limited | Allawasya Textile and Finishing Mills Limited | Masood Fabrics Limited | Haleeb Foods Limited | Sitara Peroxide Limited
· Insurance: State Life Insurance Company | American Life Insurance Company Limited | New Hampshire Insurance Company |
· Banking & Financial Sector: Bank of Punjab Ltd. (BoP) | NRSP Microfinance Bank Limited | Trust Modaraba | Akhuwat Microfinance, MCB Assets Management Company Limited
· Energy Sector: Multan Electric Power Company Limited | Fatima Energy Limited | Gujranwala Electric Power Company Limited| Hyderabad Electric Supply Company
Trained, developed, motivated, and managed various team members in assessing internal controls and business processes. Identified and reported significant issues to client’s management via close collaboration with clients’ audit committees. Suggested development, implementation, and improvement of organizations’ policies and procedures. Established and maintained effective working relations with clients and presented guidance and training to the management on audit processes and procedures. Recognized weakness in existing control areas and delivered corrective solutions to the management to achieve desired results.
· Executed audit planning, fieldwork, report writing, and other related processes as per the schedule.
· Met firm timelines by leading implementation and execution of the annual/quarterly audit plans.
· Improved business efficiency by identifying control deficiencies, devising key internal controls, and providing recommendations to the management.
· Achieved bottom line results by recognizing areas of inefficiencies and non-compliance with policies, rules, and regulations during the review processes.
· Manufacturing: Agritech Limited | Bolan Castings Mills Limited
· Financial Sector: Asian Stocks Fund Limited | Safeway Mutual Fund Limited
Compliance Audits / Reviews
· Assessed regulatory requirements and compliance areas for financial services/manufacturing companies. Facilitated clients in understanding regulations, processes, and policies in compliance with enacted regulations.
· Manufacturing: Sunrays Textile Mills Limited | Allawasya Textile Mills Limited
· Banking/Financial Sector: Bank of Punjab Limited | NRSP Microfinance Bank Limited
Manager Tax & Legal Advisory
· Ensured timely payment of advance tax in compliance with requirements of withholding of tax under income tax ordinance 2001.
· Created and filed return of income of corporate entities & individuals and appeal against order issued by tax authorities.
· Liaised with tax audits by the tax authorities and provided advice to clients on various income tax, sales tax queries tax, and efficient structure for transactions.