I am proved instrumental in Export and Import related functions, cross-functional in logistics, shipping, Letters of Credit, Custom’s Clearance, Financing, Forward Booking, Certification, Marine Insurance Policy, Original Shipping Documents, and Dealing with Customers, Sellers & Banks and Rebate. Recognized for leading exportation/importation, communicated with external customers/sellers, achieving deadlines and in accord with company and country policies regarding exporting/importing products to and from foreign ports. I am an accomplished Expert with extensive knowledge in corporate level multi-cultural environments, specialized in strategic Export/Import management, legal department relations, including compliance, and policies and procedures. I am adept at directing export/import activities, tracking shipments, coordinating requirements with established buyers/shippers, recommending alternatives, and making improvement suggestions.
My key skills include Local Logistics, Sea/Air/Road Shipping, Letters of Credit, Custom’s Clearance, Financing, Forward Booking, Marine Insurance Policy, Original Shipping Documents, Dealing with Customers, Sellers & Banks, Rebate, Sales Tax Refund, R&D Support & Freight Subsidy, Billing & Payments and EE & EF Statement
Currently I am engaged with A.I Textiles, as a Manager Export/Import, where I responded and resolved all issues related with loading/unloading of cargo to ensure delivery of containers at loading ports as per schedule; also placed containers through shipping lines and transporters. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
Performed diverse range of functions as strategic overlay, major tasks includes logistics and shipping, letter of credit, Custom’s Clearance, Financing, Forward Booking, Certification, Marine Insurance Policy, and Original Shipping Documents, Dealing with Customers, Sellers & Banks, and Rebate in export and import business environment.
Logistics & Shipping
• Steered efforts towards leading the transportation of containers & LCL cargos from mills to sea & air ports as well as from ports to mills in co-ordination with the carriage companies while ensuring timely and cost effective transportation.
• Managed Settlement of local freight, carried-out market competencies, and fluctuations in oil prices; also prepared, and evaluated contracts with different transporters in order to get minimum possible rate for transportation.
• Responded and resolved all issues related with loading/unloading of cargo to ensure delivery of containers at loading ports as per schedule; also placed Containers through shipping lines and Transporters.
• Ensured good condition of vehicles for transportation of containers and carried-out necessary measures to avoid losses. Also invited freight quotations from shipping lines and freight forwarders for the settlement of sea & air freight charges.
• Communicated shipping instructions to shipping lines through Internet. Shared shipping instruction to shipping lines and freight forwarders for the processing of bills of lading, airway bills, seaway bills, and FCR.
• Liaised with shipping lines, freight forwarders, and courier companies for cargo booking for exports and imports.
Letters of Credit
• Scrutinized incoming Letters of credit, also managed all opening of import Letters of credit through banks.
• Requested for necessary amendments on L/Cs from customers.
• Processed documents for export customs clearance.
• Settled foreign currency rates with banks to credit the receive advance payments, to avail Fe-25, negotiate the shipping documents under L/C, credit the realized amount received against shipping documents sent under collection, remit the foreign payments against imports and to pay the funds outside Pakistan via foreign telegraphic transfer (F.T.T) as agents’ commissions and expenses for foreign exhibitions.
• Rendered keen eye for details to prepare documents for financing and arrangement of finances at the stage of pre-shipment and post shipment i.e. FAPC, FAFB, FAPC/FBP, FAPC/FAFB, FAFB-TR, Fe-25, Part-I and Part-II.
• Made contracts with banks to lock exchange rates for the future payable and receivable amounts in foreign currencies.
• Attained all certificates i.e. Certificates of origin, GSPs, Annexo-IIIs, Canada custom’s Invoices for the verification from PTEA, APBUMA, Chamber of Commerce, Trade development authority of Pakistan and Foreign embassies.
• Led the arrangement of bank NOCs for shipping lines and freight forwarders for the issuance of Transport documents.
Marine Insurance Policy
• Making all preparations for the issuance of marine insurance policies protecting the insured against loss or damage to goods occurred during ocean transport.
Original Shipping Documents
• Processing of shipping documents and dispatching to foreign bank via shipper’s bank under negotiation and collection under negotiation schedule as per Letters of Credit: subject to the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (2007 Revision) International Chamber of Commerce Publication 600.
• Exercised hands-on approach to prepare and dispatch shipping documents to customer directly as well as through banks on the basis of contract.
• Collected original import documents from bank or directly from foreign shippers on LC and contract basis.
Arrangement of following documents to prepare the rebate case
• Attested Annexure-A • Photocopy of first original B/L
• Commercial invoice • Packing list
• Goods declaration • Non-negotiable copy of B/L
• Copy of Insurance policy if the shipment is insured • Form-E
Submission of rebate cases to custom’s authorities through agent
Arranged documents for Sales tax refund, R&D support, & Freight subsidy
• Managed all arrangement and review of documents for Sales tax department to prepare the Sales tax refund cases.
• Collected and evaluated documents for concerned departments to prepare the R&D support & Freight subsidy cases.
Billing & Payments
• Cross-validated bills from shipping lines, freight forwarders, clearing agents, transporters, QICT, KICT, PICT, SAPT, KPT, QFS, FDPT and from all other agents.
• Shared all bills to accounts/finance department with supporting documents, handled pursuance of bills for payments.
EE & EF Statement
• Produced EE statement containing details of exports proceeds realized during the last year for the entitlement of limit under Part-II.
• Processed EF statement showing performance of the exporter under Part-II at the end of each year.
Import/Export for Export Oriented Units (EOUs)
• Collected documents to apply for the grant of EOU License for the import of inputs & machineries without duty and taxes.
• Maintained records for the imported raw materials during the process of manufacturing and export.