I am a qualified Chartered Accountant 2016 of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) and an Associate Member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (APFA). I have also studied my Masters in Economics from University of Karachi. The selected pattern of professional and academic qualifications has equipped me with in depth knowledge of accounting, finance, business issues and macro-economic as well as it pursues me to learn continuously for ongoing changes and issues in my profession.
Currently, I am working in the capacity of Manager Internal Audit at Peoples Steel Mills Limited (supplier and manufacturer of special alloy steel) since March 2018 before that I worked as Head of Accounts and Finance at Khan Brothers (commercial importer distributor of HVACR products of Danfoss, Secop, Emerson, Greenheck, Siemens, Hatterslay etc), and Supervisor for Audit Assurance Services in the reputable firm of Chartered Accountants RSM Avais Hyder Liaquat Nauman.
In order to gain more exposure and to enhance my professional capabilities I want to join your organization. During my association with the aforementioned firms since May 2011, my responsibilities included supervising and managing accounting and audit teams, maintaining accurate books of accounts, tax planning, implementation of EPR system, management statutory reporting and reporting diverse auditing, accounting and special engagements including business process re-engineering and review of internal controls system. I also had the opportunities to attend various lectures and seminars organized by the firm and other associations which further enhanced my technical and communication skills.
My key current responsibilities include:
- Pre-audit all financial transactions before processing.
- Review all financial transaction to ensure proper recording and ensure compliance with local laws and IFRS.
- Internal audit risk assessment, evaluation and monitoring
- Develop and execute internal audit plan and audit programs
- Identification of gaps in internal control system over operational and support processes and provide appropriate solutions
- Prepare quarterly internal audit report and present it to the Audit Committee of BoD.
- Coordinate with external statutory and other auditors
- Coordinate with IT team to implement manufacturing module of Oracle EBS (ERP) and develop reports.
- Secretarial work for meetings of Audit Committee of Board of Directors
- Any other special task/audit assigned by the top management
My key responsibilities included:
▪ Lead accounting and finance team of 7-8 individuals
▪ Coordinating with and managing accounting subordinate at regional offices (in 5 cities) to maintain books of accounts
▪ Tax planning
▪ Designing and Implementation of Oracle 10g based EPR system
▪ Managing funds, vendors and receivables
▪ Managing and investing surplus funds
▪ Reviewing sales tax and other returns before submission
▪ Preparing management deliverable on monthly basis (aging analysis, sales & collection report, reconciliations etc)
▪ Prepare financial statements in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework including compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and directives of regulatory authorities
▪ Coordination with regulator (for Income and Sales Tax) and internal & external auditors
My key responsibilities included (for five outsourced entities of clients):
▪ Maintaining accurate books of accounts of US and UK based clients
▪ Preparing financial statements for clients in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework including compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP, and directives of regulatory authorities
▪ Managing cash, vendors and accounts payable for clients
▪ Preparing management deliverables on monthly basis (cash flows, monthly accounts, reconciliations etc)
▪ Co-ordination with internal and external auditors
Key responsibilities included;
▪ Preparing client deliverables (I have prepared financial statements, internal control reports, system audit reports, operating and financial manuals)
▪ Planning, controlling, executing, reviewing and documenting audit work
▪ Drafting statutory audit, internal audit and similar reports
▪ Reviewing budgets, comparison against performance, profit and cash flow forecasts
▪ Assessing adequacy of accounting systems and evaluating & testing internal controls
▪ Applying Auditing & Financial Reporting Standards, and guidelines
▪ Reviewing, analyzing and interpretation of financial statements
▪ Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
▪ Attending & observing annual physical inventory and cash counts