I am a highly motivated professional with over four years’ experience overseeing general accounting and corporate tax functions as well as analyzing financial data and processing transactions. I am able to develop productive work relations with team members and stakeholders by utilizing strong interpersonal skills. Proven success in finalizing financial accounts, income tax returns, and sales tax returns of manufacturing companies, service oriented companies and NPOs. Skilled in tax planning to minimize the provision of taxation within legal constraints. Possess multiple capabilities covering numerous accounting areas such as cost control principles, financial statements, budgeting, taxation and economic regulations; an articulate and systematized individual with high decisional-efficiency.
My key skills include Taxation & Advisory, Tax and Business Advisory Services, Tax Planning, Finance & Accounts Management, International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), Local Corporate Laws, Accounting Procedures, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budgeting & Forecasting, Internal Audit & Controls, Audit & Assurance, Excellent Communicator, Time Management and Problem Resolution
I was engaged with Horwath Hussain Chaudhury and Co. (Chartered Accountants), as a Senior Audit Associate, where I planned audits and recommended solutions to evaluate internal controls and accounting system implemented by client and address deficiencies. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
Achha group is one of the largest manufacturer of dairy and allied FMCG products in Pakistan
Trained, organized, and revised tasks by the team and engagement partner and designed deliverables, such as management letter to identify control weakness. Analyzed, formulated, and presented financial statements and fixed asset register for client. Created and reviewed statutory financial statements while applying international financial reporting, accounting, and auditing standards, corporate laws, and taxation.
• Effectively planned audits and recommended solutions to evaluate internal controls and accounting system implemented by client and address deficiencies.
• Steered meeting with client personnel and performed tests of controls and substantive procedures to determine issues and remove expectation gap.
• Assessed risk of client in accordance with firm's audit methodology and planning audit procedures required to cover risk during the process of audits.
Played a key role as a Senior Tax Associate and held the credit for formulating and filing withholding tax statements, sales tax returns, and income tax returns of corporate and non-corporate clients. Directed optimal tax planning models and executed sales tax and income tax risk reviews with client's and revenue body's perspective. Generated appeal documentation for income tax and sales tax appeals before appellate authorities
• Designed tax exemption cases and obtained tax exemptions for various entities on different grounds while representing advance tax, minimum tax, and recovery proceedings to resolve mistakes.
• Functioned in close collaboration with clients in withholding tax audit proceedings, amendment proceedings and sales tax audits initiated by FBR.
• Created budgetary publication of Horwath 'Tax Handbook' and delivered advice to various local and foreign clients regarding system of taxation in Pakistan and impact on their operations.