Noman Jamil is an ACCA Affiliate & Commerce graduate having around nine years’ experience in accounting, reporting as well as planning and all practical implementation phases of business and projects. Currently he is serving as Chief Officer Accounts and Compliance in M/s Continental Capital Management Private Limited TREC holder the Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited (PSX) and a corporate brokerage house of National Commodity Exchange Limited (PMEX), and in sister concern companies M/s Magicworks Private Limited (Logistics) and M/s General Services (Custom Bonding Warehouse).
Known for his high integrity, diverse industry and functional expertise, proven ability to analyze a situation, response and create successful outcomes in complex situations. Areas of Excellence include:
Accounting, Reporting & Internal Audit
NCB, LC and Asset Segregation for TREC Holder
Account Receivable/ Payable
FRS to eSECP
Proficient in MS Excel
Monthly GST & WHT Return
Multitasking & meeting deadlines
Implemented and maintained efficient practices in order to handle day to day financial and accounting operations, and kept a vigilant eye on compliance of reporting and other regulatory requirements in given deadline.
• Prepared and finalized quarter, biannual and annual audited financial statements and ensured the quarterly FRS submission to eSECP.
• Timely submissions of Clients Asset Segregation, Net Capital Balance, Liquid Capital, Discretionary Trading Report (PMEX), monthly Sales Tax Return (SRB) and WHT Return 165(1).
• Monitored procedures that ensure compliance to “Anti Money Laundering” and “Know Your Customer” regulations.
• Led successful conclusions of PSX Client’s Asset Segregation Audit 2015, System Audit 2015-16, Joint Inspection Team Audit 2016-17, Regulatory Assurance Engagement on Internal Policies and Controls 2017, and SRB Audit 2016 (General Services).
• For sister concerns Magicworks Pvt. Ltd (Logistics) and General Services (Custom Bonding Warehouse): Handled full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role including AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
Participated as part of a team operating in a fast-paced environment. (SARG mainly deals in government construction contracts and international trade events)
• Performed cash flow forecast, budgeting and worked closely with the operations and project teams in controlling margin variances and cost analysis.
• Identified financial and non-financial risk and making recommendation thereon,
• Proposed appropriate policy procedures for the projects in order to mitigate the potential litigation and claims.
• Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual report (actual vs. budget) for management to keep them aware of financial performance and situation of the underlying projects.
Joint accounts department of the company as a Management Trainee Officer “MTO” and dealt with data entry, account reconciliation, account payable, GST return (FBR) and vouching for documentation under internal audit department. Then promoted to Accounts Officer where dealt with financial issues arising in liquidity crises phase.
• Dealt with daily payments and bank balance routine issues.
• Reviewed all fabric invoices, balance reconciliation, appropriate documentation, and approvals prior to payment.
• Issued payment cheques to fabric suppliers in coordination with weekly/daily payment plans and ensured unhindered supply of fabric to the production department.
• Coordinated with the suppliers for payment and delaying issues while maintaining a good relationship with them.
• Participated in the weekly meeting to assist payment plans process with the head of accounts and CEO.
• Presented weekly and monthly reports to head of accounts and CFO on cheques issued, cleared and withheld.