I have performed as Project Manager in projects related to infrastructure development, WASH, Community Development, livelihoods improvement, Gender and Advocacy, education support and infrastructure development for 14 years in my total career of more than 18 years.
During that period, I supervised, implemented and monitored project for infrastructure development, community development, livelihoods and food security enhancement and education and health improvement with governmental, non-governmental and civil society organizations.
Below are the renowned partners in projects’ implementation;
· International Management Consultants (UK-based)
· Italian Agricultural Organization (Italian based)
· Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC)
· UNHCR Pakistan
· Oxfam GB
· USAID Pakistan
· UNDP Pakistan
· UNICEF Pakistan
· MRDP KP
· NARC Islamabad
· Water Management Deptt KP
I am working as Sr Engineer on a project for the economic enhancement and livelihood improvement of the TDPs in Khyber and Orakzai Districts.
The project aims to provide an improved environment for agriculture-based activities where the target communities shall find opportunities to decrease agriculture and food insecurity. Better agricultural practices and increased production will not only provide sufficient supplies for themselves but the induction of value chain ideas and capacity building of the communities through tainings, value addition, market linkages and business development ideas will allow them to link with immediate customers. This will result in a handsome increase n their income to uplift their life.
The program is based on the development of small and medium enterprises for the residents of Shangla, Kohistan, Battagram, Tor Ghar and Kolai Pallas. Assets are distributed among the residents depending on their capacity, ability and local environment. The assets are a source of income generation for the beneficiaries and can prove as enterprise development units.
• Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders
• Planning, implement and management of approved projects
• Trust and confidence building measures, manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
• Guide and assist the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes like issues of sustainability and post project requirements.
• Information flow management
• Develop and maintain project plans
• Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
• Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
• Liaise with any external suppliers or managers
• Authorize Work Packages
• Advise the Project Board / Manager of any deviations from the plan
• Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved
• Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted
• Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
• Identify and report threats
• Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
• Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget.
• Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
• Actively interact with other Managers and community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
• Direct Supervision of project staff to ensure behavioral expectations of team members are established
• Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
• Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention
• Select, recruit and train team as required by project plans
Construction supervision, Quality control, Coordination, Team management
Provide technical (off field/ on field) support to engineering staff and preparation and checking of designs, estimates.
Leading the engineering team in WASH, CPIs and other construction related projects.