I am currently working as Audit Associate in BDO Ebrahim & Co. (Chartered Accountancy firm). Being a part of Big 4 has helped me to enhance my professional skills and have developed my capabilities.
I'm always ready for the new learning opportunities that would enable me to bring out the best in me while adding more value to myself and also contribute to the organization's development.
My areas of expertise are auditing and assurance, internal audit, financial reporting and investment appraisal.
I have joined in auditing and assurance department of BDO islamabad in October 2018 for my mandatory training as per CA ordinance 1961.
I am responsible for all facets of audit and related engagements, from initial planning to the conclusion and reporting thereon. A brief overview of major responsibilities associated therewith my role are as follows:
• Leading teams through the planning, execution, and completion stages of the audit;
• Ensuring successful client relationship & audit engagement management;
• Managing engagement planning based on an understanding of the entity and assessment of business and related audit risks;
• Coordination with the team manager and Engagement partner to define the extent of planned audit procedures and to update on the progress of the engagement;
• Consultation on significant matters with various professionals such as lawyers, tax advisors, actuaries, and IT experts.
• Assisting clients in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework including compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), local corporate laws, and directives of regulatory authorities.
• Establishing a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Identifying areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations and preparing management letters for the review of the engagement manager.
• Ensuring timely completion and submission of key deliverables to the client within stringent deadlines.
• Providing coaching and training to fellow team members through sharing experience and knowledge whilst ensuring to contribute towards effective teamwork.
• Analyzing accounting system for efficiency and effectiveness and providing advisory services to clients in respect of accounting treatment of complex transaction and other accounting matters.
Started my Career in audit as junior Audit Associate in AF Ferguson & Company ( a member firm of Price Waterhouse Coopers).