Certification Status: ACCA (Part Qualified), CAT
Education: MA (Economics), B. Com
Current Status: Studying ACCA Professional Level (Final Part)
1)- December 2018 to date in The Palm Builders & Developers as Chief Financial Officer
2)- January 2011 to November 2018 in Plan International Pakistan as an Accounts Officer
3)- May 2006 to January 2011 in Kohinoor Soap & Detergents (Pvt) Ltd. as an Accounts Officer
4)- September 2004 to April 2006 in Popular Fabrics (Pvt) Ltd. as an Assistant Accountant
-Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
-Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
-Maintain the financial health of the organization.
-Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
-Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
-Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
-Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
-Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
-Liaising with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
-Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
▪ Assist Program Unit Manager to develop internal controls in line with Plan Policy & procedures to ensure value for money;
▪ Carries out Review, Assessment & Expense Liquidation of proposed/existing partners as per policies and procedures and report observations to concerned authority for improvement. Ensure follow-ups on audit reports also;
▪ Verifies payment requests for services and supplies including staff claims;
▪ Verifies payment vouchers based on approved payment requests and ensure
that all applicable taxes deducted as per prevailing rates;
▪ Supervise and support the Finance Officers and Assistant/s in the implementation of the unit functions, orient, train and coach the finance staff, build capacity of newly hired staff and partner staff;
▪ Advises, supervises and backs up Admin/Accounts Assistant, logistics and operational staff/functions;
▪ Finalize monthly Program Unit accounts closures & budget Vs expenditure analysis;
▪ Collect fortnightly Fund Request (Cash Projection) from the field offices & partner organizations and determine accurate fund transfer by analyzing their spending status;
▪ Quarterly budget preparations & modifications;
▪ Prepare Annual Program Unit budget and support in closing processes;
▪ Supervise the office banking operations and maintain liaison with principal bankers to ensure that Plan receives better services
▪ Assist in preparation of the budget;
▪ Implement financial policies and procedures;
▪ Establish and maintain cash controls;
▪ Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger;
▪ Monitor cash reserves and investments;
▪ Prepare and reconcile bank statements;
▪ Establish and maintain supplier accounts;
▪ Processes supplier invoices;
▪ Maintain the purchase order system;
▪ Ensure data is entered into the system;
▪ Issue cheques for all accounts due;
▪ Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized
▪ Prepare income statements;
▪ Prepare balance sheets;
▪ Prepare monthly financial statements;
▪ Prepare quarterly reports and report on variances;
▪ Assist with the annual audit;
▪ Maintain the computerized accounting system;
▪ Maintain financial files and records;
▪ Liaison with banks and handling all banking matters
▪ Financial Controller (Group Provident Fund Trust)
▪ Perform journal entries as per established and statutory accounting standards;
▪ Maintain general ledger at accounts level;
▪ Carry out reconciliations of accounts, general ledger and sub-ledger;
▪ Verify ledgers and accounts for errors and make appropriate corrections or refer to
supervisor if errors are of complex nature;
▪ Process payments (including salaries) and invoices accurately and timely as per company procedures;
▪ Prepare and submit expense reports to management for approval;
▪ Prepare management reports related to accounts payable and receivables;
▪ Submission of income tax withheld to the tax authorities and submission of
monthly tax statements through e-filing;
▪ Prepare period end journals for prepayments, accruals and depreciation;
▪ Collaborate with team to support in accounting activities;
▪ Provide assistance to prepare financial statements according to company policies;
▪ Provide financial information for business analysis and auditing when needed