WHO WE ARE
PTCL is a Leading Telecom Company of Pakistan, serving its customer base all across the country. With a mission to revolutionize the Telecom Industry, PTCL is providing the largest Integrated Information Communication & Technology (ICT) services in Pakistan.
PTCL provides a growth & development driven culture with dynamic learning opportunities to its employees which enables them to broaden their horizon and develop as true professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer where diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate. Our Corporate Values “We Care, We Put Customer First, We Work as One Team, We Embrace Change” are embedded in company culture resulting in a cohesive team environment, guaranteeing success of the organization and development of its employees.
Major Responsibilities include:
Evaluate and Manage Law:
- Evaluate laws and ensure that PTCL is kept fully abreast to the changes and impact of the current/prevalent laws through regular monitoring.
- Analyze effectively, matters relating to litigation and associated activities including legal proceedings.
- Review and re-draft contracts, leases, interconnect procurement agreements and property documents.
- Review and modify Service contracts including supply and International telecom services.
- Review and evaluate regulatory and other laws, rules and regulations and their impact on PTCL.
- Manage registration of Intellectual property, Trademarks and Branch Offices.
- Manage litigation relating to commercial, recovery, regulatory and lands matters.
- Develop policies, procedures and strategies to manage litigation at HQ and regional level relating to commercial, regulatory, tax, consumer and land/property matters by working closely with all the circles and departments.
- Vet property transfer documents from various entities in the name of PTCL.
Liaise with Clients and Conflict Resolution
- Liaise effectively with external and internal clients.
- Develop strong relations with different stakeholders including SECP, PTA, and other licensees.
- Improve Service delivery level of legal services and support/ cooperation with other departments
- Assist with various HR-related legal issues and advise PTCL’s HR Committee with the periodic review and update of corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure the dispute resolution by regular meetings with employees and other stake holders including contractors, vendors, regulatory authorities, and telecom operators
- Negotiate and manage the execution of all legal contracts and agreements while representing company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
Disseminate Legal Information
- Maintain and disseminate up-to-date information on legal issues/litigation relevant to PTCL within the telecom industry.
- Draft PTCL’s contracts and advice on the legal and commercial issues arising in compliance with PTCL’s current policies and guidelines.
- Negotiate and manage the execution of all such contracts and agreements.
Nurture productive working environment
- Develop and implement standardized benchmark business processes and procedures.
- Assessing legal documents of the organization and ensure legal protection of the organization
- Take part in high level planning organizing meetings and give legal advices to avoid any lawsuit
- To make sure that the organization’s inventions are patented and it’s rights are protected
- Managing the legal department budget
- Ensure optimization of litigation management and reduce outsourcing of legal activities
- Professional degree in law from a reputed university
- Certification in Telecom Laws
- 12 to 15 years’ experience of corporate law as well as litigation practice in civil, criminal and corporate, with a very good exposure to regulatory laws including CCP, SECP, PTA and service rules and regulations, preferably in a Telecom company
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a Senior Management position