Soft Consults is Pakistan’s leading provider of a complete ERP automation solution.
Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, accessibility and performance of all corporate databases.
Key duties will include the analysis of the existing databases in terms of design, deployment and optimization.
- Should be able to do constant R&D and making an effective roadmap related to databases for products.
- Should be able to identify and plan trainings for different development teams for database related best practices in terms of coding.
- Design, build and maintain high-volume relational databases for company’s applications and systems.
- Design and support Database backup solutions which can include hot/cold backups, exports, imports and RMAN.
- Control and review all security standards employed on the databases.
- Performance tuning and write code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Support database platforms and help define strategies for data acquisition, recovery, migration and archiving.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot the issues.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, and Replication.
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, statistics.
- 2+ years of experience required as a database administrator.
- Analysis of the Database design, deployment and optimization.
- Very strong communication (written and verbal).
- Good knowledge of Oracle database installation, maintenance and recovery.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Good experience with Oracle9i, Oracle10g databases and utilities on Solaris, Linux and Windows Servers.
- T-SQL, Business Intelligence, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning, DATA MODELING.