The Computed Tomography (C.T.) Technologist/Technician is a highly skilled professional who uses specialized computerized x-ray equipment to produce cross sectional images of the human anatomy which aid radiologists in diagnosing a wide variety of diseases and disorders.
- Diploma or BS CT Scan Technology
Experience and Training:
- Minimum 1-year experience as a CT Scan Technician/Technologist in any hospital
Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Traits:
- Personal Competency
- Ability to speak and understand job related English, sufficient to carryout nursing care instructions.
- Demonstrate polite and courteous behavior at all time.
- Demonstrate positive attitude to those in authority.
- Ability to give oral instructions / information to patients and visitors in Urdu
- Computer skill
Regular duties / responsibilities
- Prepare the room and equipment before procedure
- Educate and counsels the patient before procedure to decrease anxiety
- Prepares patient for radiological/CT procedures by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographic and/or CT images by following established standards and procedures.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records. Take consent before procedure
- Determine and set appropriate technical parameters to accurately demonstrate anatomy and physiology.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients
- Responsible to ensure cleaning and disinfection of the machine as well as the room
- Ensure the proper dose of radio nuclides are administered, starting IV lines if needed
- Monitor patient discomfort throughout the procedure
- Ensures operation of radiology and computerized tomography equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains CT Scan supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and continuing education workshops by self-study, identifying training opportunities etc.
- Performs any other task assigned by the supervisor
Periodic duties and responsibilities
- Attends concern training programs conducted.
- Attends all the departmental and interdepartmental meetings as and when required.