Assists pharmacy in charge/ unit in charge to run Pharmacy in a professional and legal way and implement policies and procedures to provide best health care services.
Facilitates Consultants/doctors to provide better patient care regarding medications.
- Fully aware of mission statement of AKHSP and endeavors to implement with team spirit within the department.
- To establish and run pharmacy in a professional and legal way.
- To implement the policies and protocols as per Government Regulatory Authority and ISO standards.
- To counsel the patients and provide information about dispensed medicines if required.
- To check the prescription for proper dosage
- Providing medications to inpatients and outpatients from Pharmacy shop.
- Prepare cash memos for every prescription and deposit cash with the copies of cash memo and over-statement to Finance Department.
- Check and maintain medication stock in the shop.
- Keep vigilant check over expiry date and leakages verses contamination of medicines/ infusions.
- Keeps record of temperature of Pharmacy Premises and Refrigerator.
- Prepare indent requisition of supplies and medicines for issuance from warehouse.
- Attends all departmental meetings as and when required.
- Position Specification (Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience):
- Parma D with 3 years’ work experience in hospital or retail setting.
- Demonstrate polite and courteous behavior at all times.
- Demonstrate positive and receptive attitude to those in authority and to customers
- Ability to give oral instructions / information to patients and visitors in colloquial Urdu/ Sindhi
- Provide drug information services to doctors, nursing staff and patients.
- Ability to check medication errors
- Ability to communicate with Doctors regarding patient’s medication.
- Ability to counsel the patients for medication, if required
- Specify the organizational contacts for this job and the extent to which the job has influence both within and outside the organization.
- Example of ways in which the job affects the work of others (positively) within own work area or beyond, and whether this is in respect to the provision of information, training, influencing change etc.)
- The external parties the position interacts with and for what purpose: e.g. passing on information.
- community relations, policy and advocacy, representation, negotiations, etc..