General Position Summary
The overall job responsibility of Project Assistant is to assist the Regional Coordinator in project activities at the district level. The incumbent will provide operational, logistic and monitoring support to the Regional Coordinator in effective management and implementation of project activities of Mercy Corps Project Implementation Unit (MC PIU) under the NFM III Grant.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain coordination and communication with the field teams for operational/logistic support for the Regional Coordinator
- Responsible for timely collection, compilation and maintaining chronological record of the PPM data, minutes of meetings, financial and programmatic record from the field teams of project districts
- Responsible for assisting the Regional Coordinator in field supervision and monitoring of PPM activities and maintaining log of monitoring visits and reports
- Coordinate with HR Officer for staff work agreements, monthly staff time sheets and log sheets.
- Assist Regional Coordinators in liquidation of monthly advances issued for various activities to concerned field/districts teams
- Responsible for preparing monthly expense reports in coordination with the field teams for onward submission to the finance officer in consultation with the regional coordinator
- Responsible for maintaining programmatic data of all project activities in consultation with the regional coordinator
- Conduct him/herself professionally and personally in such a manner so as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardize its humanitarian efforts.
- Adhere at all times with Mercy Corps policies and procedures including security and safety protocols and SOPs.
- Any other task or responsibility as assigned by the Regional Coordinator
Reports Directly To: Regional Coordinator – MC-PIU
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate, preferably with commerce or any other relevant field.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English, Urdu and (local languages will be a plus).
- At least two years of relevant work experience preferably in the social or development sectors.
Preference will be given to local residents
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.