Working as Purchase Officer, Responsible for sourcing of goods/services, market surveys, negotiating prices with vendors, vendor performance evaluation, planning purchase for packaging material, building construction works, hardware, electrical, mechanical, plant equipment, tea materials, office supplies & equipment and planning out all warehouse activities for ensuring items availability with accuracy. Also keeping track of stocks using computer systems, allocates space for storing goods & organizing special requirements for stocks and executing vendor bills for payment from accounts payments. Recruiting staff, training & appraising staff, and User Departments compliant handling. disposing off surplus, unused items appropriately. Developing procedures and policies for purchasing process.
• Looking after for local purchase requisitions, issuance of purchase orders, receiving of goods as per POs.
• Identify and ensure implementation of programs to positively impact cash flow.
• Develop and implement procurement best practices and tools.
• Negotiating with suppliers for best rates, payment terms, and to ensure agreed delivery schedule is followed.
• Lead and manage the procurement programs locally to achieve synergy and growth targets.
• Control all inventory in warehouse