A proactive, well-organized, and successful Procurement and Warehousing Professional with extensive experience of 10 years in all aspects of procurement and warehousing processes, by devising purchase strategy, achieving stock intake and orders, motivating teams to achieve company objectives, evaluating processes, and designing new methods to raise efficiency and profitability.
Highly experienced and skilled in contracting, negotiation, social responsibility, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, forecasting, logistics, materials and inventory management, planning, product and service development, project management, quality assurance, risk and compliance.
Astute in strategic planning, project budgeting, quotation analysis, evaluation and selection of vendors demonstrate talent to instigate analytic work and research projects with proficient expertise in a time sensitive and market driven environment.
Interact extensively with all levels of employees regarding operations, productivity, and performance issues openly promote and foster transparent accountability while consistently exceeding goals and expectations.
Highly capable buyer possesses outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to forge productive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and suppliers at all levels.
1. Strategically managing a warehouse in compliance with the company’s policies.
2. Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution, and inventory maintenance operations.
3. Setting up the layout and ensuring efficient space utilization.
4. Initiate, coordinate, and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
5. Managing stock control and ensuring inventory record accuracy on a daily basis
6. Ensuring all warehousing, handling, and shipping/distribution legislations comply with the company policy.
7. Liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, and transport companies.
8. Producing reports and statistics regularly of inventory receiving & dispatch non-moving inventories, and tracking expiry dates in order to liquidate inventory on a timely basis.
9. Leading the team of stock replenishment and gauging vendors’ service levels by analyzing PO Vs Supplies.
10. Maintain standards of health, safety, and security.
11. Producing reports and analytics on inbound outbound inventories, slow-moving, fast-moving, and non-moving inventories, deliveries against purchase orders, and vendors’ service levels.
12. Prepared and established excel based program to control inventory, monitor stock levels, and figuring out reorder quantities in order to minimize delays and ensure efficient inbound and outbound inventory operations.
13. Analyzing data to anticipate future needs.
1. Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
2. Sourcing vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3. Participating in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
4. Implementing best practices and risk mitigation strategies in procurement and vendor management.
5. Reviewing, comparing, and analyzing price, products, and services to be purchased.
6. Preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
7. Maintaining records of goods ordered and received.
8. Analyzing market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
9. Assessing and assisting in the identification and mitigation of vendor risk.
10. Controlling purchasing department budgets.
11. Managing vendors to ensure policies and procedures are followed, background checks/vendor setups are performed, established rates and contract terms are adhered to.
12. Conducting vendors’ shortlisting and selection exercise regularly to maintain the minimum requirement of vendors in numbers for each material/goods/equipment/services category.
13. Timely processing of vendor bills to accounts and ensuring the timely payment as per flow chart
14. Managing guarantee and warranty certificates of materials and follow up with vendors in case of defect repairs.
15. Planning, monitoring, and controlling inventory.
16. Helping purchase officer in direct purchase/ local procurement.
17. Maintaining good supplier relations.
1. Conducted vendor pre-qualification exercise and shortlisted vendors to maintain the minimum requirement of vendors in numbers for each material/goods/services/equipment category.
2. Successfully developed procurement administration system, which helps in following up for pending purchasing/deliveries, pending payments against purchases, and partial purchases record.
3. Successfully developed Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) and tracking system for inventories in each category to meet annual demand.
1. Ensured inventories are well stocked for and adequate to support the company’s business operations.
2. Motivated warehouse team to meet or exceed goals and standards.
3. Ensured compliance of all inventory, QA/QC SOPs.
4. Cleared vendors’ invoices and debit adjustments.
5. Supervised in daily warehouse and dispatch areas including filling and stock transfer orders.
6. Established work procedures to meet production schedules.
7. Provided daily, weekly, and monthly reports to warehouse manager, production and PPC manager.
1. Successfully developed procedures of receiving Fabrics & embellishments and getting the quantities verified against OGP/packing lists
2. Successfully developed procedures of carrying out quantity & quality inspection of fabrics and categorizing A, B, and C grade fabrics.
3. Prepared fabrics analysis for production team to do follow up with vendors.
4. Executed cutting and embellishment plans according to POs issued from production department.
5. Formulated documentation and procedures of receiving embroidered styles from vendors, carrying out quality control operations, dispatching QC passed quantities for packing, and coordinating with vendors for re-works on rejected quantities.
6. Successfully developed final packing estimation methods to analyze finished and balanced quantities.
7. Processed invoices of fabrics and embellishment.
8. Calculated and reported leftover fabrics after meeting planned quantities for each style.
1. Successfully established performance measures and personal development goals, prearranged, supervised, and evaluated the performance of assigned staff, and delivered coaching to staff for improvement and development.
2. Led inventory planning and procurement activities for goods and services, including managing vendor performance, mitigating supply issues, effectively managing stock, and replenishment activities.
3. Successfully organized and revised goods and service requirements with end-users, using actual demand history and detailed inventory planning information, guaranteeing all requirements were clearly understood.
4. Skillfully analyzed proposals inclusive of price, order quantity, discounts, terms, lead-time, and logistics costs; managed financial reports and other suppliers/market data and information to determine the best value for business and customers.
1. Formulated cost or benefit analysis to determine the optimal product order quantities based on pricing, warehouse capacity or utilization, delivery schedules, risk assessment, and inventory carrying costs.
2. Formulated variance reports, support on analysis, negotiated with suppliers and resolved problems, identified strategies, and created procedures for managing return of damaged goods, replacement items, incomplete orders, shortages, and appropriate credit arrangements.
3. Processed purchased orders for materials and subcontractors, monitored procurement and delivered of materials for all solutions, and coordinated with vendors to get quotes for purchases and presented results to executive leadership.
1. Directed responsibility for monitoring, analyzing, and planning regular qualitative and quantitative research plans for products in all stages of the product life cycle.
2. Identified and developed relationships with new and existing client relationships and strategic partners and updated contact details, activities, and relationship strategies for each client.
3. Maintained timely, strategic communication in all appropriate forms with direct manager providing relevant reporting on the progress of delivery of business development strategy.
4. Successfully performed research, data collection, economic, statistical and demographic analysis using professionally accepted techniques and methodologies.
• On the basis of weekly production schedule, organize manufacturing operation in order to deliver the product on time.
• Establish good house keeping, cleanliness and effective control on man, machine and materials.
• Revise / write standard operating procedure for new / existing equipment as the case may be.
• Prepare with comments and submit to production manager daily / monthly production report.
• Conducting Production fault analysis
• Coordination with Quality Assurance and Control Department for eliminating quality related issues.
• Reporting to the General Manager
Mehmood blends creativity and innovation with organization and strategy.
I found him a very good resource.